Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Bowhunting during gun Season >

Bowhunting during gun Season

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting during gun Season

Old 11-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Spike

Default Bowhunting during gun Season

I'm new to this site. My 2 sons and I have been Bowhunting for 4 years.
I was wondering how many Bowhunters hunt through the regular gun season with Bows. As far as i'm concerned the thrill of the hunt is much better with a Bow. We hunt exclusively with Bows. I have used Shotguns and Muzzleloaders, nothing comes close to the rush of having a nice Deer as close as 20-30 yards and bringing all the practice and skill together.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM

Default RE: Bowhunting during gun Season

If I didn't bowhunt during "rifle season" up here I'd hardly be able to hunt. We have very few special archery seasons.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:58 AM

I haven't hunted deer with a gun in years. I enjoy bowhunting, and as long as the game laws permit a bow in the woods, I'll be hunting with one, regardless what the other hunters are hunting with.

Days afield with your two sons are what counts, regardless of which weapon you all decide to carry. But you're right, being out there with a bow makes it even more enjoyable.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:04 PM
Fork Horn

I believe using archery equipment during the 9 day firearm season is illegal here in WI. No idea why though.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i take the ole mossberg out when its in gun season most of my i hunt out of the same stand i bowhunt out of so i really doesnt make a difference
Old 11-20-2008, 12:16 PM
Typical Buck

You bet I will, but I'll be back in the thickest, nastiest stuff that I can find. On one of the farms I hunt the owner allows the Amish to come down and gun hunt and when those boys are in the woods, you better hide cause they drive the deer and shoot anything that moves. What I hate is that if they shoot a deer and don't find it laying in the path they are walking...they don't search, but just shoot the next deer they see. I tried to convince the land owner not to let them hunt, but he needs deer killed because of major crop damage.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

I do it every year because where I hunt it's bowhunting only. You gotta love it!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do it every year. I killed a buck the past two years durring the MO gun season with my bow....its the best time to be in the woods usually! Just gotta hide from the orange army!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM

We bowhunt all season, don't care what weapon is "in". Anyone can kill one at 100 yds. with a rifle, it's just something special to take one with a bow, espically a mature buck.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think w'ere allowed to Bow Hunt during Rifle Season here in Missouri?I do know we can Bow Hunt during the Youth Season but have to were Hunters Orange when we are out in the field.The Land Owner where we Lease Hunt won't let us Bow Hunt there so we are limited to Rifle's during the Nov. Rifle Deer Season.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting during gun Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.