Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR) >

Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 PM

Default RE: Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

ummmmmm ummmmmm ummmmm i dont think i could even see to shoot! and i want to know what he tought when he lookd over a saw him coming!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe the biggest brow tine son any deer that ever lived, those things are gigantic!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:26 PM

That thing has no MASS whatso ever..........that my friend is a MONSTER!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats a lot of bone!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

The worlds biggest,the Minnesota Monarchsheds were foundin 1990. Theyscore 334" 0/8 (est), 1/8" bigger than the Missouri Monarch,and had 39non-typical points.
But they are not considered world record, and that is because you can only speculate on inside spread. And the B&C moto for measurers just so happens to be... "You cannot measure what isn't there.."

Actually according to the gent who taught our class it should really be more like "NEVER LEAVE A BLANK SPACE!" He was one of the measurers on the pannel that certfied the Hanson buck as the WR typical... heck of a nice guy.

About this Jarvis Buck: Big big big deer... kinda ugly... but big big big HUGE.

We will see how much he shrinks in 60 days... He has about 8" to spare if he green scored 316. He still wouldn't be a WR.... but it would be the largest non-typ ever taken by a huntere... which in a sense does count.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: wjbsmith

Just wondering anyone has any news on this buck??? This came from the Boone and Crockett website!

[align=center]Roger Jarvis 2008[/align]
Missouri Non-Typical

November 19, 2008

This buck is reported to have been taken by Roger Jarvis and is a pending B&C World's Record at 319.

The current World's Record non-typical whitetail deer was found in St. Louis County, Missouri in 1981 and was entered by the Missouri Department of Conservation on behalf of the citizens of Missouri. It scores 333-7/8 B&C.

More information as details become available.
Beautiful deer!!!!!!!!! Correct me if I am wrong..but the world record non typical is the "Albia buck" taken in southern IA a few years ago by a youth during muzzleloader.
The Albia buck is the largest buck ever shotand recovered by a hunter. It is listed as #3 in the all time record bookbehind the MO "Monarch" and the Ohio "Hole in the Horn".

I kinda raised an eyebrow at this, because I had never really heard it refered to as the "Albia Buck" before.... I had heard of it.... but I have always known it as the "Lovsten Buck"..... same deer coincidendtally.

I wonder how much Bass Pro will offerMr. Jarvis for the horns.... I going with $2 million if it gets certified, and $1 million if not.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

I think i'd would probly just scare that buck away if i saw him while in stand i dont think i'd shoot him...... i'd try but i'd be shakin so back i would probly fall out of my tree while atempting to draw.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:52 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

I wonder how much Bass Pro will offerMr. Jarvis for the horns.... I going with $2 million if it gets certified, and $1 million if not.
HAHAHA $2million! Are you kidding? They have never paid anything even 10% of that for a deer rack and never will pay anything close to a million. Everyone says "oh my cousin just shot a 200" deer and bass pro gave him $15,000 for it" when in fact that is B.S. The Luvston buck was bought for around $100,000 by bass pro (a number that was given to me by the guy in the traveling bucks trailer that Bass pro does). Look on the internet and that number is anywhere from $250,000-$1.5mil., NONE of which are even close to accurate. Deer racks arent worth anything what people say, (in fact I dont know why anyone would pay $100,000 for a rack) In a recent publicationit said that a 250" whitetail is worth about $20,000, so this buck, if verified would probablybe "worth" about $100,000.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

Damn it, why Missouri?[:'(]

Congrats to the guy.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gbrownlee

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

HAHAHA $2million! Are you kidding? They have never paid anything even 10% of that for a deer rack and never will pay anything close to a million. Everyone says "oh my cousin just shot a 200" deer and bass pro gave him $15,000 for it" when in fact that is B.S. The Luvston buck was bought for around $100,000 by bass pro (a number that was given to me by the guy in the traveling bucks trailer that Bass pro does). Look on the internet and that number is anywhere from $250,000-$1.5mil., NONE of which are even close to accurate. Deer racks arent worth anything what people say, (in fact I dont know why anyone would pay $100,000 for a rack) In a recent publicationit said that a 250" whitetail is worth about $20,000, so this buck, if verified would probablybe "worth" about $100,000.
The marketing rights to that deer alone are worth over 1 million dollars if he becomes a world record.

The fact of the matter is that Bass Pro Shops took advantage of a tough situation. That deer that boy killed made nationwide news. Granted, I don't know what he and his family did for a living or what kind of money they made... but unless there is oil, gold or titanium under their house, I doubt they have the kinda money to protect such a thing from theft or fire or flood. And even at that, what is the insurance company going to do for them? Bass Pro Shops has a security system that fetches a price tag well in excess of $100K in every single one of their stores. And I'll bet $100K was looking pretty sweet to the Lovstuenscompared to spending a lifetime trying to protect something like that.

Consider what kinda of money and resources Johnny Morris has.... you think he wouldn't come off $1 million for the biggest whitetail ever shot.. considering the collection he already has....nearly half of the top 100 non-typs ever killed???? I suspect that if Jarvis named his price that he'd write him a check on the spot.

Quick Reply: Roger Jarvis Buck (possible new WR)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.