Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year? >

Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Old 11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

What is the funniest thing you have seen or done in the woods this year....or during any facet of your hunt?

Yesterday morning it was cold as heck with the winds blowing 20+mph making me cold as anything. So at about 830am about 20,000 little black birds came flying in and landed on the tree I was hunting from and about 50 others. They were so loud I could not hear myself think. Talk about a poop storm. I waited about 1 minute and they did not leave. So I started laughing to myself and pulled a scarecrow...I slowly raised up while lightly growling with my hands in the air....the birds took off in a blaze of fury! hahahaha!

Old 11-20-2008, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

It wasn't funny at the time but I laugh about it now.

Sitting in my stand one morning, I noticed a drizzle on my arm and legs. I look up and 15 feet above me sat a squirrel wizzing away.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: pwrsrtk350

It wasn't funny at the time but I laugh about it now.

Sitting in my stand one morning, I noticed a drizzle on my arm and legs. I look up and 15 feet above me sat a squirrel wizzing away.
Now that IS funny.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Saw a spike chasing a doe all over the place one morning. They came back and forth around my stand about 10 different times. One time he was tearing after her a zillion mph and smacked dead into a tree and flopped right on his back. It was only 30 yards from me. I really though he killed himself. He must have knocked himself out or something cause he wasn't looking to healthy for a few minutes. He finally got up, collected himself and walked off (no more chasing that day).[8D]

Half hour befor sunset one afternoon the woods were dead calm and I was ready for action. Heard something above my head and didn't bother looking just figuring it was another squirell. Next thing I know a racoon is running down MY tree. He brushed against the side of my face and over my shoulder. I screamed like a little school girl.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

i saw where all of my corn was going
th squirels were carrying the cobs up into the trees[:@][:@]
Old 11-20-2008, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also forgot to mention that I set up in a tree well before dark a few weeks back. About 20 minutes after sun-up I hear something inside the tree clawing. I feel something close to my face and see a squirrel stick his head out of a hole not 6 inches from my face....I squirmed like a baby.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Funniest thing I did this year was on opening day. I had about 300 trail cam pics of this one pesky little fork horn that hung out by one of my stand sights. He was in there all day and night eating. So, on opening day he came in, ate, and then proceed to bed down 4 yards from my stand. Knowing he was content to hang out until he got hungry again and wanting to get out of the stand I balled up my jacket and threw it out of my stand at him.

Scared the bejeezus out of him, and that little sucker still hung around for 10 more minutes before vacating the area so I could leave.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Typical Buck

I saw a doe beat up a barn cat.

This cat came walking through woods and doe was out in front of mefeeding. The doe turned to see the cat and started walking towards it. Then when the cat got close the doe jumped towards the cat trying to stomp it with its hoves, this was a mean doe. That cat jumped a few feet in the air and took off for its life. That doe looked pretty happy with her self.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Saw a spike chasing a doe all over the place one morning. They came back and forth around my stand about 10 different times. One time he was tearing after her a zillion mph and smacked dead into a tree and flopped right on his back. It was only 30 yards from me. I really though he killed himself. He must have knocked himself out or something cause he wasn't looking to healthy for a few minutes. He finally got up, collected himself and walked off (no more chasing that day).[8D]

Half hour befor sunset one afternoon the woods were dead calm and I was ready for action. Heard something above my head and didn't bother looking just figuring it was another squirell. Next thing I know a racoon is running down MY tree. He brushed against the side of my face and over my shoulder. I screamed like a little school girl.
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I had to try to keep from busting out laughing at work!!

Funny stuff!

Quick Reply: Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.