Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year? >

Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Old 11-20-2008, 12:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

The other morning I woke up about 30 minutes late. In trying to make up for it I showered in my dead down wind, and went to grab my clothes which I hang outside. I wore my pajama pants and a tank top to where I hunt and change there. Inthe hurry I grabbed all of my clothes, got there and realized I forgot my socks and my pants. I laughed all the way home. Finally got in the woods and had the muzzleloader with me and forgot my percussion caps. I gave up until the afternoon.

Another funny was walking through the woods and finding a man asleep up against a tree. Never woke up! He was breathing when I saw him, and snoring.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

I had a tree fall on my head

Or

I fell in the river
[&o]
Old 11-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Germ

I had a tree fall on my head

Or

I fell in the river
[&o]
Simple and hilarious!
Old 11-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

Now that I give this topic some more thought, I think I have a good one. I'm a believer that deer pay no attention to human urine, so I'll pee out of my stand when the need arises. Well, I was huntingmy one stand pretty regularly and peeing out of it at least once every time I hunted it. I would aim for this real small tree that was just below my stand so I would make less noise than just pissing directly on the leaf covered ground.By the end of the week almost every single leaf on this tree was curled up, turning black (for whatever reason), and dropping off. I was back in that stand the other day to try some videoing, and every leafhas dropped off. The same nearby trees have leaves though. I thought this was amusing.
Oh, I thought I'd mention that I don't drink or do drugs, so it must be the amonia in the pee? I don't know.
You bottle that stuff and you'll make a fortune! Early's Tree Killer one stream kills the tree dead.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff guys--I read all the posts and boy some of them are great---spitting, throwing, and talking to deer---we have some psychos on here!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:25 PM

I was setting one evening and along came three ratcoons feedingon acorns
right under my stand. After watching them for awile I decided to toss a bite
size snicker bar down in front of thenearest one. It was funny when he snatched
it up looked up at the other two coons like I hope they didn't notice and ran off
with his prize. I laugh every time i think of that coon comming back later trying to
find the right snicker bar tree to climb.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: schliker

I was setting one evening and along came three ratcoons feedingon acorns
right under my stand. After watching them for awile I decided to toss a bite
size snicker bar down in front of thenearest one. It was funny when he snatched
it up looked up at the other two coons like I hope they didn't notice and ran off
with his prize. I laugh every time i think of that coon comming back later trying to
find the right snicker bar tree to climb.
I don't go into the woods without a couple of Snickers bars.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mondoman86

I had been hunting since daylight, it was now probably 10:30-11:00. I hadn't seen anything, but a button buck 3 different times. This thing would go up the trail a little bit later come back down the trail. So when He got positioned right under My treestand. I said to Myself I'm gonna see if I can make a scent trail with walking! lol So I pulled out My doe in heat scent, and squirted about half of My 4 oz bottle all over His hind-end. Well it was't much later I seen a 6 point chaseing Him! lol I thought to Myself after I did that. If the wrong big buck comes along that porr little button buck is gonna have a bad day! lol
Sorry guys but this ^ is easily the funniest one here.

As for mine- I got down to the bottom of my tree(which is still not the forest floor)and forgot to undo my safety harness then jumped or at least attempted to jump the final 2 feet to the ground. The harness did its job half way through the jump and then I went for a little swing landing almost on my head.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:27 PM
Fork Horn

quote:

I had been hunting since daylight, it was now probably 10:30-11:00. I hadn't seen anything, but a button buck 3 different times. This thing would go up the trail a little bit later come back down the trail. So when He got positioned right under My treestand. I said to Myself I'm gonna see if I can make a scent trail with walking! lol So I pulled out My doe in heat scent, and squirted about half of My 4 oz bottle all over His hind-end. Well it was't much later I seen a 6 point chaseing Him! lol I thought to Myself after I did that. If the wrong big buck comes along that porr little button buck is gonna have a bad day! lol
You cannot make this stuff up! That has to be one of the funniest things I have heard of. You are one FUNNY b-stard!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: eswany

quote:

You cannot make this stuff up! That has to be one of the funniest things I have heard of. You are one FUNNY b-stard!

HAHAHAHA! That is friggin crazy as heck!

Quick Reply: Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.