Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year? >

Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Old 11-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

I spit on a little buck's back this year. It was early season, I was on the phone with my hunting buddy when I seen him coming down the ridge line. The buck stopped under my stand and I told my buddy I had a little one directly under me,me buddy told me to spit on him, so I did. The buck actually mule kickedand spun around real quick to see what had happened. He never did figure out I was 25ft above him.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Spike

Early season i had 2 small fawns come in with momma and i was in a ground blind. momma walked away out site and the 2 little ones hung around and played .They got to about 8 yrds and thy noticed me move. well they where not sure what to do so they just stood there looking at me. I said in a low voice not to be to loud hey get out of here, leave hey get out of here. They didn't move a muscle.Finally i said in the same voice I'm going to tell your mom.Bang the where gone like they where shot out of a gun.It still makes me smile when i think about it.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:24 AM

Knowing he was content to hang out until he got hungry again and wanting to get out of the stand I balled up my jacket and threw it out of my stand at him.

Scared the bejeezus out of him, and that little sucker still hung around for 10 more minutes before vacating the area so I could leave.
Did you hit him?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

I had just got into my stand, and was putting on my hat, gloves, facemask ect. I had my gloves in my lap digging through my backpack and dropped the gloves. I figured screw it, Im not climbing down after them. About an hour later I had to pee, so I stood up and proceeded to pee all over my gloves laying on the ground. It took me a minute to figure out why they were all soaking wet when I climbed down at the end of the day, but the smell doesnt lie.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a 4 pointer bed down at the base of my climbing sticks. After an hour I wanted to end the hunt so I dropped some twigs on him. After that didn't work, I started whispering to him. No results, so I started talking out loud to him. When that didn't work, I broke off a dead limb within reach. That didn't phase him, so I dropped the limb on him. That worked. I laughed all the way home.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

I had been hunting since daylight, it was now probably 10:30-11:00. I hadn't seen anything, but a button buck 3 different times. This thing would go up the trail a little bit later come back down the trail. So when He got positioned right under My treestand. I said to Myself I'm gonna see if I can make a scent trail with walking! lol So I pulled out My doe in heat scent, and squirted about half of My 4 oz bottle all over His hind-end. Well it was't much later I seen a 6 point chaseing Him! lol I thought to Myself after I did that. If the wrong big buck comes along that porr little button buck is gonna have a bad day! lol
Old 11-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: FLboy77

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Saw a spike chasing a doe all over the place one morning. They came back and forth around my stand about 10 different times. One time he was tearing after her a zillion mph and smacked dead into a tree and flopped right on his back. It was only 30 yards from me. I really though he killed himself. He must have knocked himself out or something cause he wasn't looking to healthy for a few minutes. He finally got up, collected himself and walked off (no more chasing that day).[8D]

Half hour befor sunset one afternoon the woods were dead calm and I was ready for action. Heard something above my head and didn't bother looking just figuring it was another squirell. Next thing I know a racoon is running down MY tree. He brushed against the side of my face and over my shoulder. I screamed like a little school girl.
BHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

I had to try to keep from busting out laughing at work!!

Funny stuff!
x2!!!!! LMFAO!!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

Saw a spike chasing a doe all over the place one morning. They came back and forth around my stand about 10 different times. One time he was tearing after her a zillion mph and smacked dead into a tree and flopped right on his back. It was only 30 yards from me. I really though he killed himself. He must have knocked himself out or something cause he wasn't looking to healthy for a few minutes. He finally got up, collected himself and walked off (no more chasing that day).[8D]

Half hour befor sunset one afternoon the woods were dead calm and I was ready for action. Heard something above my head and didn't bother looking just figuring it was another squirell. Next thing I know a racoon is running down MY tree. He brushed against the side of my face and over my shoulder. I screamed like a little school girl.
That right there is some funny stuff. That raccoon would have freaked me out as well. They are neat critters, but not when they're in my friggen face!!YIKES!
Old 11-20-2008, 11:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Happened last night actually. I was sitting in a makeshift blind and saw a buck chasing a doe about 150 yards out. Not knowing how big he was I hit made a buck tending a hot doe sequence and he made a BEE line to my blind, literally. He was three steps from my blind. Well he messes around for a bit before heading up to a food plot, 10 minutes later my little buddy comes barreling down the hill, and again comes within steps of the blind. I guess he thought he had missed the 'hot doe' the first time. He then proceeds to circle the blind once then top over the ridge I was sitting atop of. 5 minutes later he comes back full steam ahead again looking for that hot doe I guess. After another search around the blind, he made his way back to where he came from chasing the doe, 150 yards away. Well another buck comes up behind me from the ridge. The first buck slams the breaks and makes a hard U turn to come back to face off with the other buck. After the show down is over he circles down and back up the ridge once more before finally heading out to where he originally came from! Then the rest of the afternoon I see him dogging does about 150 yards out from where he came from. The little dude had some energy!

By the way- both bucks were 1.5 year old 4 points. However, the first buck, the one who made the incredible journey was an incredible yearling buck. Big forks and already out past his ears, he's going to be a nice one!
Old 11-20-2008, 12:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now that I give this topic some more thought, I think I have a good one. I'm a believer that deer pay no attention to human urine, so I'll pee out of my stand when the need arises. Well, I was huntingmy one stand pretty regularly and peeing out of it at least once every time I hunted it. I would aim for this real small tree that was just below my stand so I would make less noise than just pissing directly on the leaf covered ground.By the end of the week almost every single leaf on this tree was curled up, turning black (for whatever reason), and dropping off. I was back in that stand the other day to try some videoing, and every leafhas dropped off. The same nearby trees have leaves though. I thought this was amusing.
Oh, I thought I'd mention that I don't drink or do drugs, so it must be the amonia in the pee? I don't know.

Quick Reply: Funniest thing seen or done in the woods this year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.