Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-20-2008, 04:53 PM
New Sheriff

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

I understand if you want to pose with the animal for a picture that you want to display or cherish in a frame or whatnot, but simply to snap a pic of your deer in the back of your truck is no more or less respectful than taking it to Olin Mills for a glamour shot.
So if you're doing a family photo, or your kids school photo's, or prom photo's, or any photo for that matter you just throw it together, never spending a moment to try and make it look decent ?

mr4pt nobody believes that for 1 second.
Ok, Brad, I'll try to type slower next time so you can understand. Open your eyes and mind and read my post again. I put the part that you refer to in BOLD to make it easier for you. If you want to pose with the animal for a picture that you would frame or put in magazine (same as family photo, kids or prom) then I understand, clean it up and smile pretty for the camera. But sometimes, you just want a picture, a quick snapshot, to put in a photo album or such. Same with "doing a family photo, or your kids school photo's, or prom photo's"....sometimes a snapshot is better than a pose.

Believe it
Old 11-20-2008, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

What makes anyone think that non-hunters or PETA will like it any better if we take "clean, respectful" pictures?
PETA could care less. A non hunter might think, hey, these guys aren't a bunch of blood thirsty savages like these Anti's think they are. They look respectful and I'll support these hunters when the time comes. In definitely doesn't hurt trying to take clean pics of your animal If your going to show them to other people that are non hunters. Tell me something negative about taking clean pics. I guess I was brought up this way and was told to make myself and the animal I took to look respectful. I don't see a problem with It either. Do what ya gotta do all.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ya dude, why do you think PETA cares? They'll use anything against us as it is, nothing new there. They'll takeany of these pictures and use it against us, there isn't anything changing that.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Stealthy .... you are a self righteous ASS. You can take that to the bank, pal. You have been exposed ...... I HATE that someone mentioned Matt's post in this one ....they are night and day different ..... Matt set out to educate and help ... yours was to bash ........ass
Afterreading your signature line, I doubt highly that your reaction in type could be justified to the Lord... in fact, I'm certain that your chosen words are not those He would have wished for you to utter. [&o]
Old 11-20-2008, 05:12 PM
Banned

Peta and ARA's could care less - but they can't easily use a good photo vs using one that's blood and guts, tongue hanging out, with the hunter straddling the deer.

mr4pt if its really that minimal of a memory that you just snap any old photo ... why post it on a website for all to see?

Everyone can appreciate, respect, admire and give kudo's to the great field photo's that are posted here, and there are a lot of them.

Everyone can also easily see the distasteful, disgraceful embarrassing ones too - ask yourselves how your photo's get looked at

When you've just tagged a deer or other animals and you're so proud of it - spend 5 minutes to make that photo everything it can be.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:19 PM
New Sheriff

mr4pt if its really that minimal of a memory that you just snap any old photo ... why post it on a website for all to see?
Because of people like you, I don't. My son likes to see his on the web tho. If it is your intent to prevent pictures of people proudly displaying their kill then job well done.

With every bit of due respect, IBM, if I was ever fortunate enough to shoot a monster like you took this year then by all means I would want to "dress" the picture up a little bit, because I would show that picture to everyone I knew. As far as shooting a deer that is "worth taking a picture of"...I am pretty sure you were hackin' on me but Idon't take a picture of every deer I shoot. If I happen to havea friendwith me or my son with me I'll try to get a picture with them and the deer for memories sake to put in my hunting pictures book, but that's as far as it goes.

Last year when my son shot a spike I took it off of the4 wheeler andgot a nice background of an old shed that is on the property that we hunt. I had my son's friend snap a picture of us together which turned out nice. Ieven framed it for him. Here's the picture...I had one person tell me that I should have at least washed the blood off of my hands and another critic beechin about the shadow in the picture.

I swear to God dude you don't even read the threads you create.

Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Are we that insecure we care what non-hunters think?
Them are the people that you and I and everyone else has to Impress. Some day that one non hunter may make a difference If he or she thinks us bow hunters/hunters are respectful people and vote In our favor to keep our hunting/gun rights.
asolutely retarded
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM
Fork Horn

What the F*** Why does do people bitch so much now days. And everything has to be PC. F that. If you don't like to look at something don't look. If some one doesn't take pics you aprove of ask them nice to take nicer ones. Damn I wish I would have grown up in the 50's and up. Back then not as many people bitched about dumb sh*t. Or so I heard. ha ha
Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Jollyarcher

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

Stealthy .... you are a self righteous ASS. You can take that to the bank, pal. You have been exposed ...... I HATE that someone mentioned Matt's post in this one ....they are night and day different ..... Matt set out to educate and help ... yours was to bash ........ass
Afterreading your signature line, I doubt highly that your reaction in type could be justified to the Lord... in fact, I'm certain that your chosen words are not those He would have wished for you to utter. [&o]
[halfserious]What makes you absolutely certain that the Lord did not wish for PT to utter them? What if they(those words)are a neccessary evil in the cosmic scheme of things?[/halfserious]

[fullserious]this is OT but since all this is nonsense anyway...the post sequence above just goes to show that all men really are created equal. In times of extreme emotion, not even GODis reminder enough tocontrol the way in which a man conducts himself[fullserious]
Old 11-20-2008, 05:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: snake123

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Are we that insecure we care what non-hunters think?
Them are the people that you and I and everyone else has to Impress. Some day that one non hunter may make a difference If he or she thinks us bow hunters/hunters are respectful people and vote In our favor to keep our hunting/gun rights.
asolutely retarded
Whether you agree or not with taking clean pics I could care less about! But don't tell me I'm absolutely retarded because I feel we should make ourselves look good to non hunters. Non hunters are not Anti's. They are people who do not hunt but might possibly sway one way or the other If given a good reason to. Non hunters are the biggest group of people that we all have to Impress!! Wake up Snake!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.