Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-20-2008, 12:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

This thread is an excellent example of the double standard that exists on this website. Matt/PA posted a thread stating the exact same thing as stealthy (true, Matt's was more tactful and well said) and everyone gushed all over him. Matt great post, awesome Matt, the post I've been waiting for Matt, blah blah blah...

Stealthy posts basically the same request as what Matt did and he gets flamed for it, people telling him if he doesn't like it, don't look, mr. camera expert, who are you to.....

I can almost promisde had Matt reposted what Stealthy just said, people would have all jumped on Matt's bandwagon.

Stealthy, unfortunately on this website, your number of years here and numbers of posts carry massive weight. I've seen so many good posts overlooked this year and then you can have someone like GMMAT question his ability and everyone and their mother flock to the post.

Stick around as this website provides a wealth of information from a ton of knowledgable people. But until you are in the clique.......
I must be reading the wrong threads then. Like Tony just said, it is in the way at which it is said. Matt's thread is all about tips to take better pictures, not yelling at the people that don't want to take better pictures.

It doesn't matter 1 bit how long you have been a member of this forum. I have been around here longer then 95% of the people and I am not in these cliques. But I guess knowing some of the guys on here for about 8 years may mean I am in the clique?
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

This thread is an excellent example of the double standard that exists on this website. Matt/PA posted a thread stating the exact same thing as stealthy (true, Matt's was more tactful and well said) and everyone gushed all over him. Matt great post, awesome Matt, the post I've been waiting for Matt, blah blah blah...

Stealthy posts basically the same request as what Matt did and he gets flamed for it, people telling him if he doesn't like it, don't look, mr. camera expert, who are you to.....

I can almost promisde had Matt reposted what Stealthy just said, people would have all jumped on Matt's bandwagon.

Stealthy, unfortunately on this website, your number of years here and numbers of posts carry massive weight. I've seen so many good posts overlooked this year and then you can have someone like GMMAT question his ability and everyone and their mother flock to the post.

Stick around as this website provides a wealth of information from a ton of knowledgable people. But until you are in the clique.......
I must be reading the wrong threads then. Like Tony just said, it is in the way at which it is said. Matt's thread is all about tips to take better pictures, not yelling at the people that don't want to take better pictures.

It doesn't matter 1 bit how long you have been a member of this forum. I have been around here longer then 95% of the people and I am not in these cliques. But I guess knowing some of the guys on here for about 8 years may mean I am in the clique?
What I am wondering do those who rail about clique, do so with others members, and does that make them a clique

I have been PM with a new member Vito, great guy we hunt near each other in NLP of MI. He shared a picture of his brother with me. I guess since we PM back and fourth more than once, we're a clique[:-]
Old 11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
New Sheriff

I wouldn't be part of a clique that would have me as a member.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

What are you talking about? I just sent you the official papers you requestedafew years back for being in my clique. You had to go through the 3 probation period before being accepted..... Congrat's big guy! You are the first member to be acceptedby the founding fathers.... Myself and I. [8D]

It's just us three bro
Old 11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Buckeye I cannot go on knowing I am out of the loop
Old 11-20-2008, 12:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

You must pledge your allegiance to The OH-IO State Buckeyes like Mitch did and fill out the required paperwork..... It's protocol bro
Old 11-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

I take as good of pictures as I can, even though I suck

I enjoy looking at good pictures (of all kinds) LOL.

However if a man likes the truck, the tree fine!

Plus whoever said hunting respect was better 50-100 years from now... BS... You won't find an old photo without them hanging in trees, on a truck, stuck full of arrows, stacked on top of one another.... In my opinion it doesn't matter, the deer don't care at that point! I say make a respectful shot after that, do-what-you-do-best!

P.S here are some pics i've taken.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Banned

wis_bow_huntr

since you asked yes - they're horrible pictures. You could have spent 5 minutes and had some really nice photo's of your trophies, instead you were lazy and cared nothing about it and snapped horrible field photo's - something nobody can be proud of. Here's what I mean - and its terribly basic stuff .... we took this deer off a 4 wheeler, drug it 10 steps with a field in the background, and snapped off 30 photo's really quick. Cold and Windy and we took 3 minutes to do it.

you could have done that with your buck so easily

Now, I'm guilty too - this is a bad photo. Blood all over the mouth could have been wiped off. I'm not showing all the body, nor my bow. glowing tennis shoes? [:'(] worse part is the animal is on a concrete slab with equipment etc in the back. I'm happy with that deer, longbow kill, but horrible photo. My camera batteries died in the field, I was more concerned with dealing with the animal than photo's and regret it. That was 2003 - I learned from it

I don't sugar coat things - sorry guys. You know what may be part of this? The difference might be people who love hunting vs people who just kill animals. The difference might be people who respect hunting, and the animals they hunt vs people who don't. And yeah, call me wishy washy if you want, there is a spiritual side of hunting, its more than a sport, its a lifetime adventure and it encompasses so much more than just filling a tag.

When I'm in the field, I snap photo's of everything I can, and maybe only 1 out of every 30-50 photo's is a really good one. Its not unlike ANYTHING we photograph in life - from your kids to your prized old automobile or Harley, maybe its your girlfriend or your dog .... there is an appreciation in photographs and they're something to be proud of because they connect you to a certain moment in time and that capture should be the best it can be.

Its almost like some of these photo's have went out of their way to be as nasty as possible and the guy who is in the photo looks the complete idiot for it - there is nothing respectable about bad field photo's [&o]

Old 11-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: Germ

You must pledge your allegiance to The OH-IO State Buckeyes like Mitch did and fill out the required paperwork..... It's protocol bro
As long as I am not pledging into some Dallas allegiance I am in!! WooHoo...8 years or so and I finally have been accepted!! At this years gathering I may come just so I can worship at your feet!! Wait a second...are you only letting me in because my buck was bigger then yours from a few years ago? Oh sorry...yours scored higher...just looked smaller!![8D] But then again maybe that is because of your lack of a good picture!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Now for this oregondude...

That is one awesome picture!! I like that a lot!! Hope somebody told that deer there is some weird looking dude sneaking up on him!!

Quick Reply: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.