Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-20-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

wis_bow_huntr

since you asked yes - they're horrible pictures. You could have spent 5 minutes and had some really nice photo's of your trophies, instead you were lazy and cared nothing about it and snapped horrible field photo's - something nobody can be proud of.

I don't sugar coat things - sorry guys. You know what may be part of this? The difference might be people who love hunting vs people who just kill animals. The difference might be people who respect hunting, and the animals they hunt vs people who don't. And yeah, call me wishy washy if you want, there is a spiritual side of hunting, its more than a sport, its a lifetime adventure and it encompasses so much more than just filling a tag.

Its almost like some of these photo's have went out of their way to be as nasty as possible and the guy who is in the photo looks the complete idiot for it - there is nothing respectable about bad field photo's [&o]
Stealthy .... you are a self righteous ASS. You can take that to the bank, pal. You have been exposed ...... I HATE that someone mentioned Matt's post in this one ....they are night and day different ..... Matt set out to educate and help ... yours was to bash ........ass
Old 11-20-2008, 03:02 PM
bigcountry

I don't sugar coat things - sorry guys. You know what may be part of this? The difference might be people who love hunting vs people who just kill animals. The difference might be people who respect hunting, and the animals they hunt vs people who don't. And yeah, call me wishy washy if you want, there is a spiritual side of hunting, its more than a sport, its a lifetime adventure and it encompasses so much more than just filling a tag.
Honestly Brad, in the big scheme of things in life, when its all said and done, it won't mean a hill of beans. Man, I have said it before and will say it again. You got way too much time on your hands to even be thinking about this stuff. But what can I say, I have yet to meet too many switch techs that arn't screwing around all day worrying about things that don't matter.

Old 11-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have yet to meet too many switch techs that arn't screwing around all day worrying about things that don't matter.
Switch techs? What's that?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:33 PM

personally I like to show off the Chevrolet a little bit
Old 11-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stealthy, I guess we know your distaste for the poor field photos taken. Any comment on the guys who post pictures of hearts with perfect broadhead holes through them, or photos of wounds inflicted by certain broadheads?
Old 11-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

What makes anyone think that non-hunters or PETA will like it any better if we take "clean, respectful" pictures? The animal is already dead. Dead is what PETA has a problem with, not pictures.

A non picture perfect picture is not disrespect. It is a simplematter of importance to the hunter, that hunter, what kind of picture he chooses to take. When I shoot a deer, I will take a moment to sit or kneel down beside it, even look into its eyes and thank the creator for allowing me this magnificent creature. I will then drag it back to my truck where I may decide to take a picture before heading out. That picture does nottell the tale ofme kneeling down and looking into its eyes thanking the creator. That picture might have blood in it. Doesthe blood or chosen posemean I never paid my respects?

Some of you guys are something else.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

wis_bow_huntr

since you asked yes - they're horrible pictures. You could have spent 5 minutes and had some really nice photo's of your trophies, instead you were lazy and cared nothing about it and snapped horrible field photo's - something nobody can be proud of.

He doesn't have to care about it dude. I don't see why it matters to you so much. Seriously. Like others are saying, at least Matt tried giving informative tips, and help people. You are just trying to get your point across, and do that no matter what it takes. It's not workin too well it seems like
Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some of the photos I've seen lately are absolutely a disgrace to the animal, the hunt and yourselves. Drag it out of the back of the truck onto some grass, maybe a nice background of woods/field, stick the tongue back in the mouth, cover up the blood with your bow maybe, dont straddle the deer PLEASE ........ I mean c'mon it takes another 2 minutes to turn what you took as a crappy photo into one that you can actually be proud of !
Not everyone is a photographer or has the same tastes. If they are happy with the picture, that's all that counts. Some people just drop by home to let the wife/kids see their harvest on the way to the meat locker. If one of my friends drops a nice buck or doe for that matter and they want a picture worth hanging on the wall, I'll set it up for them. If they ask me to just get a quick shot to have a picture, they get what they ask for.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Banned

That is no reason to call those people lazy or an idiot. Not everybody shares your opinions.
I didn't call them idiots, i said they LOOK like idiots and they do and the reason they do is because they're too lazy to take good field photo's.

Like I said, just a very few minutes can turn horrible photo's into good ones -

Like I said earlier...to each his own!!
actually you don't mean that

maybe some people hunt alone and don't have the luxury of having people haul their game around for them for a picture.
almost all camera's have auto-timers - I've done quite a bit of that and I'm not a camera guru

Stealthycat II has made it right next to Dopler on my list of A$$holes on this site. I like seeing the pics of what people harvest, who realy even thinks about all that stuff when taking a photo unless maybe it is going to be in a magazine.
LOL you don't know me anymore than I know you - I'm just calling it like I say it and not sugar coating anything in the process.

I care - its my sport and this whole not caring thing that 1/2 the posts in reply here echo is what's wrong with this country and sport anyway []

I understand if you want to pose with the animal for a picture that you want to display or cherish in a frame or whatnot, but simply to snap a pic of your deer in the back of your truck is no more or less respectful than taking it to Olin Mills for a glamour shot.
So if you're doing a family photo, or your kids school photo's, or prom photo's, or any photo for that matter you just throw it together, never spending a moment to try and make it look decent ?

mr4pt nobody believes that for 1 second.

Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 PM
bigcountry

I don't know brad, maybe not everyone is insecure as you and needs to look back at a picture or glamour shot, to try to impress others?

Just thinking outloud.

Quick Reply: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.