Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one ! >

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Old 11-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

ORIGINAL: stealthycat II

wis_bow_huntr

since you asked yes - they're horrible pictures. You could have spent 5 minutes and had some really nice photo's of your trophies, instead you were lazy and cared nothing about it and snapped horrible field photo's - something nobody can be proud of. Here's what I mean - and its terribly basic stuff .... we took this deer off a 4 wheeler, drug it 10 steps with a field in the background, and snapped off 30 photo's really quick. Cold and Windy and we took 3 minutes to do it.

you could have done that with your buck so easily

Now, I'm guilty too - this is a bad photo. Blood all over the mouth could have been wiped off. I'm not showing all the body, nor my bow. glowing tennis shoes? [:'(] worse part is the animal is on a concrete slab with equipment etc in the back. I'm happy with that deer, longbow kill, but horrible photo. My camera batteries died in the field, I was more concerned with dealing with the animal than photo's and regret it. That was 2003 - I learned from it

I don't sugar coat things - sorry guys. You know what may be part of this? The difference might be people who love hunting vs people who just kill animals. The difference might be people who respect hunting, and the animals they hunt vs people who don't. And yeah, call me wishy washy if you want, there is a spiritual side of hunting, its more than a sport, its a lifetime adventure and it encompasses so much more than just filling a tag.

When I'm in the field, I snap photo's of everything I can, and maybe only 1 out of every 30-50 photo's is a really good one. Its not unlike ANYTHING we photograph in life - from your kids to your prized old automobile or Harley, maybe its your girlfriend or your dog .... there is an appreciation in photographs and they're something to be proud of because they connect you to a certain moment in time and that capture should be the best it can be.

Its almost like some of these photo's have went out of their way to be as nasty as possible and the guy who is in the photo looks the complete idiot for it - there is nothing respectable about bad field photo's [&o]
Now NOw Stealthy...it is not that I don't agree with your outlook on the pictures...because I do. But not everybody does. That is no reason to call those people lazy or an idiot. Not everybody shares your opinions.

My buddy and I actually will load a deer back up, haul it out to the woods to take some more pictures. But I am not going to bad mouth anybody for not doing that. Does them not wanting a great picture (in your eyes)mean they like hunting less then anybody else? NO Does that mean they don't respect the animal? NO Does that mean they don't respect hunting? NO Do I respect somebody any less for a not so great picture? HELL NO

Could he have spent the extra 5 minutes for better pictures? Sure. But if he didn't want a better picture for himself...then who is he really hurting? It isn't hurting me and it is evidently a picture that he doesn't mind sharing.

Like I said earlier...to each his own!!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

ORIGINAL: buckeye

ORIGINAL: Germ

Buckeye I cannot go on knowing I am out of the loop
You must pledge your allegiance to The OH-IO State Buckeyes like Mitch did and fill out the required paperwork..... It's protocol bro
As long as I am not pledging into some Dallas allegiance I am in!! WooHoo...8 years or so and I finally have been accepted!! At this years gathering I may come just so I can worship at your feet!! Wait a second...are you only letting me in because my buck was bigger then yours from a few years ago? Oh sorry...yours scored higher...just looked smaller!![8D] But then again maybe that is because of your lack of a good picture!!
Anytime is a good time to post a buck bigger than Mitch's

BTW referring to the one on the left

Old 11-20-2008, 02:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like how people mount their deer with the ears folded back so the racks look wider!!

Now just don't forget who stuck up for your sorry butt way back when!!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Scott the two holes in each antlers main beam on the bigger one is pretty neat
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Germ

I think that is where the wires ran before he took it off of his dad light hanging in the living room!!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:18 PM
Typical Buck

since you asked yes - they're horrible pictures. You could have spent 5 minutes and had some really nice photo's of your trophies, instead you were lazy and cared nothing about it and snapped horrible field photo's - something nobody can be proud of. Here's what I mean - and its terribly basic stuff .... we took this deer off a 4 wheeler, drug it 10 steps with a field in the background, and snapped off 30 photo's really quick. Cold and Windy and we took 3 minutes to do it

maybe some people hunt alone and don't have the luxury of having people haul their game around for them for a picture. I have one deer kill andI was lucky to get a couple of pics with him in the back of my truck.The next time I am fortunate enough to score a deer I will make an appointment at the nearest Glamour Shots so you can approve.

What a schmuck

Old 11-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: IL_BOW_MAN

I like how people mount their deer with the ears folded back so the racks look wider!!

Now just don't forget who stuck up for your sorry butt way back when!!
Mitch = My homie [8D]

Thank you. My droptine buck has one just like it as well.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Deleted for skirting the profanity filter.
Old 11-20-2008, 02:30 PM
Typical Buck

Ten pages of arguing over a little blood on a deer in a picture???? Come on. Don't we have better things to talk about? I'm about to go out for my evening hunt, but before I go I will say this- Its a sad, sad day when StruttinGobbler3 becomes the voice of reason!!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:44 PM
New Sheriff

I don't sugar coat things - sorry guys. You know what may be part of this? The difference might be people who love hunting vs people who just kill animals. The difference might be people who respect hunting, and the animals they hunt vs people who don't. And yeah, call me wishy washy if you want, there is a spiritual side of hunting, its more than a sport, its a lifetime adventure and it encompasses so much more than just filling a tag.
SC, I usually find your posts "entertaining" if nothing else but this one is just plain dumb. Get over yourself. The difference might be people who are so full of themselves vs people who hunt, kill an animal, snap a pic, clean it and eat it. I respect hunting and most of the animals I kill.

Do you hunt anything other than deer? Squirrells? Do you respect them? Doves? Frogs? When you take a pic of a mess of crappie you just caught, do you display them in the most respectfull way possible? If not, what's the difference? I understand if you want to pose with the animal for a picture that you want to display or cherish in a frame or whatnot, but simply to snap a pic of your deer in the back of your truck is no more or less respectful than taking it to Olin Mills for a glamour shot.

Quick Reply: don't take a picture at all if you can't take a good one !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.