HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   BACKSTRAPS....questions (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/274502-backstraps-questions.html)

BOWHUNTER818 11-19-2008 08:08 PM

BACKSTRAPS....questions

What are some of the best ways you guys have used to marinate TENDERLOINS...i have done it the normal ways , grill, sautee, blah, blah, blah but was wondering what are some of the ways you guys do it? I have heard that COKE a COLA is a good way..

So give me yor best shot, i have a nice doe that i will be trying these recipies on..

So give me what you got..

Thanks alot guys, BH818

SwampCollie 11-19-2008 08:17 PM

RE: BACKSTRAPS....questions

They aren't any good.

But I am certified to handle these things.... I'll come get themfrom you with my special rubber gloves. I won't even charge you labor... just millage... I always enjoy helping a fellow hunter out of a jam....;)

Here is my favorite.

I use a bottle of Moore's Marinade (wal-mart super center usually has it). Dale's is more readily available and will work in a pinch.. but moore's is better.

Take a good 1/2 cup of brown sugar and a can of crushed pinneapple.... let her sit 24-48 hours.

I use the same marinade on doves, ducks, geese and whole boneless doe/fawn hindquarters.

The key, like with any other wild game, is in the swiftness of field dressing, and the temperature control of aging... if frozen, then the quality of the wrapping to ward off freezer burn.

Kelly/KY 11-19-2008 08:26 PM

Italian dressing...it really tenderizes and then you can season your meat. I usually soak mine for 12 hours.

BOWHUNTER818 11-19-2008 08:27 PM

Thanks alo SWAMP,,,yeah they really arnt any good,,;) i have tried then with Italian dressing and the normal stuff but and kind of in the mode..for CHANGE..

Thanks alot any other i have plent i can try numerous types.

BH818

sandilands 11-19-2008 08:48 PM

Bacon.wrap.......season,wit.sea.salt,garlic.and.pe pper
Grill......only.till.med.rare

Washington Hunter 11-19-2008 08:53 PM

Let them sit overnight in orange juice. ;)

Tender as can be with an excellent flavor.

I usually do this before cutting them up for fajitas.

BOWHUNTER818 11-19-2008 08:55 PM

All sound good guys.. keep them comeing like i said i have plenty to experiment with so keep'em coming

BH818

MN/Kyle 11-19-2008 08:56 PM

Lowry's brand 30 min Marinade, overnight.

I like the lemon pepper, or the steak and chop the best. They have quite the variety.

Take it or leave it, but I'm a po' college kid living on meat. ;)

TEmbry 11-19-2008 09:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

This sounds awesome...thinkin Ill try and cook up some venison fajitas Friday night when I get in...still have one tenderloin left...not a backstrap, but still tasty.

MN/Kyle 11-19-2008 09:03 PM

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

This sounds awesome...thinkin Ill try and cook up some venison fajitas Friday night when I get in...still have one tenderloin left...not a backstrap, but still tasty.
No that sounds nasty.

But I'll try it.