Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BACKSTRAPS....questions >

BACKSTRAPS....questions

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BACKSTRAPS....questions

Old 11-20-2008, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: BACKSTRAPS....questions

not sure why you would need to tenderize a piece of backstrap, but...

Olive oil + Montreal Steak Seasoning (30 Minutes)
Grill to medium rare

The Olive Oil is just to provide a good sear on the meat when you toss it on the grill and the Montreal adds just a little extra flavor
Old 11-20-2008, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

Leave the backstrap whole. Marinate overnight with beer, Italian seasoned salad dressing and some Lawry's. Then grill it to order ( so to speak). It's 7:10 in the morning here in IL and you all are freaking making me hungry for deer meat! All I have is a yogurt and a granola bar for breakfast while in the office.

Great suggestions from some of you other guys & gals...thanks!
Old 11-20-2008, 06:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

For me, my favorite is as follows: A bottle of worschestershire sauce, crushed red pepper, couple garlic cloves, bring all this to a hard boil. Pour over the cold meat in a non-reactive container, let sit 15 mins, grill to med rare. First time I tried, I was certain that it would just boil the meat and I would have a wasted strap, but in those 15 mins, it tenderizes the meat, adds flavor, and gives a great crust when grilled. Plus, it takes 15 mins, none of this overnight nonsense.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:55 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-20-2008, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Keep them coming guys and gals, i have a pen and paper and im not affraid to use it so...keep'em comeing

Thanks alot

BH818
Old 11-20-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Another thing I have found pretty good, especially with deer that have been run by dogs, and on diver ducks and geese is to deep fry it... mustard style!

Take whatever meat you are using, and cut into chunks.... think chicken nuggets here. Finger food.

Get soem Guildens spicy brown mustard, take a few cups of the meat and put in a ziploc bag.... squirt in some mustard, shake it up until the meat is coated well.

Next, you'll need a shaker bag with House of Autry Seafood Breading. Food Lion.... its like .99cents. Put in the mustard coated meat, shake it up.

Finally.... need PEANUT OIL..... add the mustard and breaded coated meat.... cook it til it floats. Great party food.... good with beer.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Now that sounds good.

thanks,

BH818
Old 11-20-2008, 08:48 AM
Spike

One I tried recently and really liked was mixing 1/4 cup of olive oil, 1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of red wine, 2 tbspn. of red wine vinegar, and then a packet of McCormicks Peppercorn and Garlic marinade mix (only thing I did different than the package directions was the red wine). Cut your backstrap into 1/2-3/4" medallions and place in marinade for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Grill over medium heat to just under medium. Absolutely delicious. Even my 4 year old son gobbled these up.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm gonna try the orange juice marinade idea. I have used lemon, oil, and fresh ground pepper in the past with great results.

Never likedanything marinading inItalian Salad Dressing. I have used actual Italian style Marinade in the past that worked well though.
Old 11-20-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kelly/KY

Italian dressing...it really tenderizes and then you can season your meat. I usually soak mine for 12 hours.
What he said. It's awesome!

Quick Reply: BACKSTRAPS....questions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.