Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 ASAT... that good? or that coincidental? >

ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

Old 11-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: ASAT... that good? or that coincidental?

I don't think it's coincidence at all. And it's not that ASAT is that good, although it is. It's just that all these famous and new camos are not really all that good for treestand hunting. Have someone take a pic of you in a tree with all these other camos and you'll see that most still make you look like a big unnatural blob on the side of a tree, whereas ASAT has enough light colors in it that you kind of blend into the background created by the sky.

Sure all these modern camos look great on the ground, but how many of us spend much time actually hunting on the ground. You got to admit they make a lot of money for the designers and manufacturers.

Another good camo that gets overlooked a lot is Predator. Fall Grey for treestand and lete season hunting. But then ASAT and Predator don't spend gobs of money advertising on TV and all the magazines.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Now I have to try this stuff out.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

It is that good
Old 11-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Typical Buck

I love ASAT, but will not buy anything from them until (if ever) someone else buys the company. I just have no trust in the guy running it now because he ran ASAT's quality face first in the dirt and is a liar.

I bought some Predator this year and with exception of one hunt have been very pleased with it. I've had deer walk within 10-15yds of my tree, look up at me and appear as if they were looking through me. they never even flicked their tails. i'm fully confident in it as much as i am in ASAT
Old 11-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both ASAT and some Predator. I use the predator as a secomd choice or backup when my ASAT is wet or something. I will be ading a 3D leafy suit next fall as well. Can't beat ASAT. People don't buy because they like the "designer" stuff fromBasspro and Cabelas. Take a black & white picture of a guy wearing Mossy Oak or something similar and they almost look black and stick out big time. Most camo these days is strictly a fashion item.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TerryM

I have both ASAT and some Predator. I use the predator as a secomd choice or backup when my ASAT is wet or something. I will be ading a 3D leafy suit next fall as well. Can't beat ASAT. People don't buy because they like the "designer" stuff fromBasspro and Cabelas. Take a black & white picture of a guy wearing Mossy Oak or something similar and they almost look black and stick out big time. Most camo these days is strictly a fashion item.
Yes, something I forgot to express. Take the picture from several different angles and in black and white. Deer do not see colors as we do.