Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode >

I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode

Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode

OCTOBER 24, 2008

The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today gave preliminary approval to expand the lawful use of crossbows to include both the archery deer and bear seasons. The Board would need to approve the measure at another public meeting in order for the proposal to take effect, so this change will not be in place for the 2008-09 seasons.

The proposal giving preliminary approval also would remove the lawful use of crossbows during the October muzzleloader or late flintlock muzzleloader season.

Other changes made by the proposal would simplify and make the language of the regulations easier to understand.

Good luck!!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 04:23 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode

Katie bar the door.

Oh wait.....didn't ya'll ban baiting? Nevermind. 68% of your hunters probably quit at that notion, anyways.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I read that this being finalized is mearly a formality. And yes, Matt/Pa will not be a happy camper.
Old 11-19-2008, 04:33 PM

Im betting life goes on.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

One step closer to One big season!
Old 11-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

One step closer to One big season!
Yikes!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

That'll be great. Pennsylvania bow season can now just be one big happy trailer park.

At least now the upside is that all those scumbuckets who lie like rugs and feign disabilities to get their crossbow permit - now they won't have to fake it anymore.

Next step: Legalizing the idling ATV as a legal "treestand."
Old 11-19-2008, 07:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a shame, I agree. A crossbow is not a bow. I don't care you look at it. What is really sad is I believe it does state in the current regs that a compound bow can't have one of those devices that basically holds the bow at full draw for you. What is the difference between this and a crossbow?

The only slight bright spot to this is that maybe we'll see less wounded deer this way.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

i heard the same as Early in, that its got 1 more vote to go through and it seems like its gunna be real...

i dont wanna see it. i live and hunt in 2B...ive had farms close the door on all archery hunters because deer were running around with bolts sticking out of them. thats no joke. one farmer had 4 or 5 bucks in 1 season...all crossbow bolts. he closed the farm.

with as many hunters as we have in PA, i think it will get ugly. yes, bad shots happen no matter what the weapon. but my beef with the crossbow crowd is that ALL too many of them think they are rifles. yes, they can hit a target at 50 and 60yds...but so can i with my compound. most just dont realize that they dont have the energy requierd for those long shots...taking neck and shoulder shots like they are shooting a rifle...etc etc...

they might as well just open the rifle season when ARCHERY season starts and just run it the whole way through....

they are also trying like mad to allow INLINE muzzleloaders in our late FLINTLOCK and ARCHERY season (crossbows are already allowed state wide for 2 weeks in rifle and 3 weeks in the late season)

i wont quit hunting....but i wont be happy.

i have NO problem with people that HONESTLY cannot use a BOW using a crossbow...but to everyone else, either learn the game and shoot a BOW or stay outta ARCHERY season!!! same goes with the guys that want inlines in FLINTLOCK season.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think crossbows (and I have one) during "regular archery" seasonis kind of like the separation of Church and State, if you know what I mean.

Quick Reply: I thought I heard Matt/PA head explode

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.