Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest! >

I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I got kicked out of the company deer hunting contest!

Bow hunting is easier than gun hunting? Other than a longer bowseason......care to elaborate on that?
Bow season = Hunting unspooked bucks traveling predictable routes between feeding and bedding areas while wearing full camo. Plus, more vegetation on the trees conceals hunter better. End of archery = hunting rutting bucks.

Gun season = bucks that are spooked senseless, rutted outand nocturnal. No leaves on the trees to conceal the hunter who is wearing all orange. Less bucks left alive due to archers killing them before gun season started. 1,000,000 other hunters in the woods shooting, putting on drives, etc......
Old 11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I agree because for the season lenth. But i think a gun hunter shotting anywhere from 100 max to 400 yards max have the advantage.

But your better then all of them they know it and want a chance to win som money screw them,
ORIGINAL: Dopler

Don't kid yourself, bowhunters have a much better chance ofharvesting a big buck. Think of it this way. If you had to kill a buck over 140" and you had to do it in one season, failure meant your life, would you choose bow season or gun season and the weapon accompanying that season? For me, it's a no brainer, give me the bow!
Old 11-19-2008, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could always go postal on them. I get like this just before I leave for Alberta.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

You could always hunt like you are still in the contest, kill the buck during their gun season and then tell them about it and when you killed it .
Old 11-20-2008, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds to me like they are all intmidated by you. They know you can get the job done no matter what weapon. Id go out this weekend, shoot the biggest SOB Buck you have ever shot and get a good picture, blow it up and hang it up for all to see. Im going to say these others are not quality hunteres and will shoot anything that moves. Do you really want to be part of that category? They are just jealous because you know how to get it done when it needs to be done.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you work with a bunch of high school girls to me. Laugh in their face and don't give them the time of day.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think they may be a tad jealous of you skills
Old 11-23-2008, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Update:

Well sorta. I say sorta because I don't know if the "used to be fellow contestants" shot anything yet...

Anyway, if you've seen my otherthreads you know that I went out with the gun hunters yesterday. I shot 2 bucks with my bow. One was a medium/large 2.5yr old 5ptr. The other was a button that had its bottom jaw shot off and I finished it. These are actually the types of bucks I've been winning this contest with over the last 3yrs. I hope nobody gets the impression that I'm shooting monsters and whoopin up guys with 30'06's. I win either cus they only shot a doe or didn't shoot anything at all. You know, sorta like by default. LOL. One year I won with a 2x4. Another year I won with a doe cus that was the only deer shot between us. The third year I forget. Just didn't want anyone thinking I'm laying biggun's to rest between the scatter of blaze orange. Now that would be a feat!
Old 11-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

What a bunch of CREEP'S! MEN WITH NO B@LLS!!!

Hatchet Jack