Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Back From IL, Story, pics and videos (Update pg 8) >

Back From IL, Story, pics and videos (Update pg 8)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Back From IL, Story, pics and videos (Update pg 8)

Old 11-19-2008, 06:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Back From IL, Story, pics and videos

Sounds like you had some pretty good hunts. A very nice Illini buck you were able to take back home too.

Congrats.
Old 11-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sounds like an exhausting but most memorable trip. Congratulations.
Old 11-19-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awsome story and awsome buck, congrats!!!
Old 11-19-2008, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

As always Rob that is a great read. Congrats on an awesome ILL. BUCK

congrats again!!!!

I think you didn't understand my PM about a GOJF card. I was going to give you one. For your drive out and back!!!!!

Chris
Old 11-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congradulations Rob, Great buck and story, felt like I was in the tree with you no doubt. Great video and plenty of action for you, I will never forget my trip out there andI hope to go back next year, that place is what a bowhunters dream is made of ( and nightmares [&o]). Congrats again,
Brent
Old 11-19-2008, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for sharing your adventure Rob, and congrats on a fine buck.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice buck Rob!! Congrats!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

wow congrats dude im glad to see you did good and talk about a back scratcher on that one buck,Wheres Kurt's pictures??

Congrats.

Ryan.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

1) There is no good time to hit Chicago

2) Thanks for the phone call. [&o]

3) You said you'd pose naked with you buck if it had two normal antlers.

Congrats!
Old 11-19-2008, 08:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Germ, yes lmao, it's got both sides, shape and points. Lest we forget my 06's perfect 8 in PA.[8D] Thank you.

NY/Al, lmao, see above reply, thanks.

Mikey S, pwrsrtk350. Hey thanks guys.

MO_Bowhntr, I hope you had a chance to read it and enjoyed it. Thanks.

130woodman, quiksilver, yup, both sides, see above reply to Germ and Fran, I must have been in it. I was told of all the deer I was seeing, well bucks not deer that I'd see then again that many if the corn was cut. They were 2-3 weeks behind and there was a lot of corn still standing. That actually killed us although we did really, really well. Of our hunting party, 7 strong, only 1 didn't get a shot on a 130 plus animal.

bloodcrick, brother, ya should have something. Andy wouldn't have stood a chance and thank you. He was the first Midwest buck but he won't be the last.

OHbowhntr, lmao, you guys forget my 06 contest entry. He was a pefect 8 too.

Huntinman23, jim1966. thanks guys, I appreciate it very much. thanks for being patient on the story.

Kelly/KY, WV Hunter, thanks guys and Kelly, congrats on another giant.

janesburg, thank you. I'm glad you liked the recap. I'm not sure about time passing in the stand, all day is all day but your right, the sightings make it easier. I was in awe when the mature giants would walk the fields and my personal missed giant, he'll always be with me.

Rory/MO, thanks bud, buckmaster, thanks for being patient and thanks for enjoying it. I know I saw a pile of bucks but remember, figure if I saw 41 sightings of bucks, 25 of which were different bucks and 8 over 140"s. Okay, in 6 all day sights, that's 7 per day in 12 hour sits. It wasn't 1 an hour. I saw deer up to 11:00 and after 2:00 with exception of that 140" 8 I saw at 1:00 pm. Time passed slowly... I still loved it!

mauser06, buttonbuckmaster, thanks guys.

jmbuckhunter, thanks friend. I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet up with you, Matt and Greg this time. Time was precious. I'll be out again.

2 Lunger, thank you for enjoying the read. It was easy to tell. You are very fortunate to live in IL. It's an amazing place but geesh, all that corn. LOL I've never in my life seen so much of it and I was in awe of the black soil. No wonder they refer to the IL Cornfed Giant Whitetails! And your right, what kept us sitting was knowing that at any moment, any turn of the head a monster could be standing there or headed into your setup. It was easy to stay optimistic. It was my first trip to IL but it won't be my last.

JFergus7. Thanks Jim. It was nice sharing camp with you for a few days. Thanks again Andy for your generousity. Thanks for the DVD too Jim. I haven't had a chance to watch it yet however. And thanks for not stealing my hat.

BHB, Thanks man. The Zip Ty was required by IL law. If your bow is in your vehicle and not cased, it must be disabled with a Zip ty or other method.

Schultzy, thanks, it was amazing and I have to be honest. I have a little less respect, well not necessarily respect but thoughts toward the Drurys, Archers Choices', Kisky's, Gregorys', Lakoski's or whomever. IF we live in that area, we would be killing the same deer as them. It's a very, very rich enviroment, amazingly so. In fact, Ralph and Vicki live very close to this area nd asked to hunt with whom I hunted and they were turned down.

Brett/IL, I loved your state, well I love your state. It's amazing. Matt / PA was in your lower part of the state. I almost made it as far as jmbuckhunters portion but it wasn't in the cards. I'm not sure I could give this area up. I'll be back next year because I have a score to settle.

Rory/MO, as far as score, yes, this buck will score the best. I've shot older deer. This IL buck was a 2.5, I've shot consistant 3.5 year olds in PA however the racks as you know, busted, missing etc. [8D] My 04 buck with the snapped main beam would have gone 130 but alas, he only had his brow in his one side.

dukemichaels, great spot and great you got there and actually, I wasn't in your tree cause I couldn't find it and when it was pointed out to me, LOL I LMAO, that was a toothpick! I was in the large tree closer to the fence line and I saw a dandy down in the woods behind that old car. Also, great talking with you on the phone and congratulations on your buck and winning the Cambell Outdoor Challenge.

PA Hardwoods, I didn't see a Rob buck but how about that photo, talk about an ultimate Rob buck, he measured almost 125" one side!

Thank you Sliverflicker for sharing in my story.

Hoytail Hunter, thank you for the sympathy. I'm glad I could bring that out in the story. It was a defining moment in my hunting career. I appreciate it, thank you.

CM, Siman08/OH, BigJ. Thanks guys. Big J, how's the healing going?

Rattlesnake1, Thanks Toby. New old friends, I like that and I hope to continue the trend.

GregH, and thank you sir for driving down and breaking bread with me. It was my true pleasure to sit and talk with you and I only wish we would have more time and also, congratulations on another giant IL buck by you. I haven't had a chance to visit all the thread and all these deer dropping. After talking with you, I knew it was a matter of time til we heard from you and I wasn't surprised to see the thread after what I witnessed in IL for the rut.

GMMAT, correct my friend, the camoradorie was some of my fondest memories but I have to admit, the one that got away will be with me for a very, very long time.

AE, peakrut, thank you my friends and AE, another great monster by you too comes as no surprise. Always a pleasure to see and read your stories each season.

stikbow26, dude, what a giant you brought to the table, thank you and congrats to you too.

hch, I see the season is blessing you as well, thank you.

Vabowman, NCRemington700, thanks guys, LOL both sides. Hey I hunted hard for a Rob buck.

hunter25, your right, great time and as I tipped the guide and shook the hand of the owner on my way out, I said, I'll see you next year. They smiled and thought that was great.

Thanks bigjim12.

Dr Andy,
again, I cannot express my appreciation enough at your generousity. I hope you know that I don't take it for granted. It was my sincere pleasure to share you camp with you for a few days. I had a great time and it so added to the wonderful trip as a whole. I was in high spirits as I entered the new camp for the week. Again, Thank you so very much, good time, good sleep, good food, good hunting, good friends. Thank you.

turtleshell, thank you very much and I'm happy you enjoyed it. I hope you make it out west, well Midwest anyway.

silentassassin, thanks old friend and congratulations on yet another fine whitetail from you as well.

DC, thanks and once again as well, you delivered the goods too! Congrats.

Pops423, twildasin, thanks guys and Tim, thanks for the calls and conversation on my drive.

BPBowhunter, thanks for the drive conversations as well.

BOWHUNTER818, I did have a grand time and thanks for enjoying the story.

dmen and huntinboy1122, thanks guys for reading and enjoying my hunt. I appreciate it.

early in, well it was deer paradise for me that particluar week. I truly enjoyed myself and although I did pass larger animals (that fact I can't hardly believe), I'm proud of my buck. He'll keep a warm spot in my heart and remind me of his kin that got away. It reinforces my passion for these critters.

PT, Tony, thanks for the texts. AND, I'm getting my own damn cell phone so I'm not limited and yes, it'll have a damn camera built in LOL so I can belong. Each picture test I have to go online and look at it. I'll let you know the number when I get it.

dmil, I know, can you believe it? Thank you sir.

SouthDakotaHunter, RTA47, thanks guys, I truly appreciate it and sr77 putting it as the rollercoaster of emotions is very accurate. The highs and lows of bowhunting can be extreme and it's only us that truly do it, understand it. It's hard to tell the story to those that don't get it but those that do get it and appreciate it, well, it's in our soul.

PABuck_HNTR, LOL, I'll have bologna but, this bad boy will also be steaks and roasts too. Matt says these midwest cornfed deer taste better than our browse eating PA deer. I'll let you know.

SparrowHawk, Predator19, psebwhntr16. Thanks guys as well as thanks robdre56, Walleyefever, OregonOutdoorDude and bowmanaj.

rybo,
thank you and dude, what a gorgeous buck you took. I'm sorry I missed the fanfare and threads. When I saw it in the contest, ALRIGHT! Way to go, congrats.

WesternMdHardwoods, thank you very much.

Illinois Buck Hunter, hey, could I change my username to match yours? Do I count now as an IL'n...lol? Hey, thanks for sharing your wonderful state with me. I'll be back so you know. Thank you.

Rickmur, yes and all the above, thank you and hey, way to lay one down too, congratulations!

Thanks MOhunter46.

MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER,
thanks Chris and thank you for the GOJF card. I think it worked at least once....if you know. I'm still surprised that OH trooper never pulled out. Thank you for clearing the road.

Oneshot7, thank you and it is the bowhunters dream, and like you said, possible nightmare. Thank you for sharing my story.

Thanks mofireman and whitetailbowhunter. Very much appreciated.

my7point, thanks, Kurts pic, well unfortunately, that wasn't meant to be.

HNI_Christine, It was a whirlwind in IL and Chicago sucks. I'm coming back and hey, why is it your the only one that remembered that number 3? Well honestly, with the list of names above, I'm glad your the only one. !

Quick Reply: Back From IL, Story, pics and videos (Update pg 8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.