Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please explain the new Mathews bows? >

Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Old 11-18-2008, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Honestly, who gives a crap. Why spend 900 bucks on a bow when you can spend 400 and kill a nice buck. If its the principle of the thing buy a different brand.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Mathews for me is kinda like Penn State, or the Yankees. I don't really have anything against the team, it's the knucklehead fans that drive me nuts, the ones that scream we're number one all day everyday, even when it's obvious they're not. For example, I am an Oriole fan and I know we ain't number one, so I don't blindly scream it. I'll give the Yankees (Mathews) props when its due, but this round I will stay silent.

You do realize you just made a hypocrite out of yourself, right? You slam asaidoutspokenMathews supporter...only tocampaign yourfact deprivedopinion that they're obviously not close to your chosen brand. In doing so, you differ in no way.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know what kind it is. It's the one with the wire "traingle" shaped thing you shoot through. That's the only one I've ever seen.

Swamp....IBO is off of 30" draw (this one is 29"). IBO = nothing on string. This one had a D-loop and was shot through a WB.

That's still a heckuva discrepancy.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelP

Anybody ran a bowtech through a chrono yet? Look at my signature and realize I shoot a guardian right now. I just want to know where the bowtechs fall compared to advertised numbers.
Have you shot your Guardian through the Chrono? The guy who owns the shop where I work has one and he's getting 317 out of it, of course, he does a lot of extra tuning and "cheating" to get a few extra FPS
Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

Depending on the website, you can substitute Mathews for any other bow maker and this same thread is going on nationwide. It's funny really...they all make super, top of the line, quality bows and yet depending on where you are, or who you are talking to..... you could be led to believe that they are all crap.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody ran a bowtech through a chrono yet? Look at my signature and realize I shoot a guardian right now. I just want to know where the bowtechs fall compared to advertised numbers.

Feel free to do the math. A hunt ready (peep, tied in, nock set KNOTS, loop and factory silencers) Bowtech admiral at 29" with a 412 gr arrow at 65#s produced 282fps three times through the chrono. Don't know if it works out to about IBO or BC or not... but its a good speed for a moderate weight arrow at a fairly conservitive draw weight.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

Feel free to do the math. A hunt ready (peep, tied in, nock set KNOTS, loop and factory silencers) Bowtech admiral at 29" with a 412 gr arrow at 65#s produced 282fps three times through the chrono. Don't know if it works out to about IBO or BC or not... but its a good speed for a moderate weight arrow at a fairly conservitive draw weight.
I hope someone has the program to get this close cause I am curious. Add 5#, drop 52 grains, and grow the draw an inch, I am betting that gets you real close to IBO.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I don't know what kind it is. It's the one with the wire "traingle" shaped thing you shoot through. That's the only one I've ever seen.

Swamp....IBO is off of 30" draw (this one is 29"). IBO = nothing on string. This one had a D-loop and was shot through a WB.

That's still a heckuva discrepancy.

Thanks for the lesson about IBO

You'll lose 10-12 fps on average... that would put it at 328-330. You never said it had a loop or a WB. Might want to go back and edit that one. A WB can suck out another 5-7 fps and depending on exactly how he does his nocks/nock sets and loop... you could easily suck it down to around 300... which really wouldn't be a discrepancy at all.

I'm still reserving judgement until I see it with my own eyes. I drew the Reezen 6.5 promo when it came in the shop. Didn't put the whop chuey on it since it has the boss's name on it, not mine, and he wasn't in til today... and I was hunting today. I did like the balance, though the draw was not exactly a Switchback XT. Friday should be demo day. Hopefully the hoyts will finally show up.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, when I bought the bow fromMatt (Rick James) I set it up and was getting close to 307. Right now she is closer to 298-300 as I dropped a few lbs of draw weight. The reason I ask had anyone ran one threw a chrono was because it was made out that Mathews lies and they are the devil. If that is the case all bows are crap and do not meet IBO. I like all bows especially Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtech so I have no dog, just wandering why all the hostility.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:39 PM

My Diamond Marquis(Bowtech) at 64# 305gr went 304 to 306fps with a peep and tube. Dont know alot about bows but this is what mine did.

Quick Reply: Please explain the new Mathews bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.