Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story) >

I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)

Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)

Rest assured thats a dead deer....i want to see some pics MAN... SLEEP EASY (easier said then done) but try to get some sleep

You've got this one in the BAG man..

BH818
Old 11-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)

Another little cool bit of the story was while I was on the stand talking the hit over with my dad (I was shaking to bad to climb down), a spike walked out the same place this buck had come from and just looked at me then at the decoy then back at me and then walked back in the woods.

That poor guy won't stand a chance if he doesn't get alittle smarter before Friday's gun opener.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck! You'll find him!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Wow, excellent read there Buck hunter!! Yes, It's no doubt going to be a tough night for ya. I've never had a deer snort at me after I've made a lung shot on them. That's Interesting, I'll have to remember that If that's where you hit him. Best of luck to you!! I'm pulling for ya!!
Shultzy, I would've thought the same thing. I completely smoked a buck right through both lungs in '96. That deer ran over 80yrds. snorting everytime he made a bounding leap. Rest assured they weren't very loud snorts and every one was a little more quiet than the previous one. He finally ran out of air on the last one though!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 2 Lunger

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

Wow, excellent read there Buck hunter!! Yes, It's no doubt going to be a tough night for ya. I've never had a deer snort at me after I've made a lung shot on them. That's Interesting, I'll have to remember that If that's where you hit him. Best of luck to you!! I'm pulling for ya!!
Shultzy, I would've thought the same thing. I completely smoked a buck right through both lungs in '96. That deer ran over 80yrds. snorting everytime he made a bounding leap. Rest assured they weren't very loud snorts and every one was a little more quiet than the previous one. He finally ran out of air on the last one though!
Good Info as always 2 Lunger!! I will definitely remember this! Thanks!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good Luck, Get some sleep. Hope to see a picture of you smiling tomorrow.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Sliverflicker

Good Luck, Get some sleep. Hope to see a picture of you smiling tomorrow.
Sleep? I don't even think I could lay down right now. I've been up since 2:30 this morning and I feel like I just chugged a gallon of coffee.

The deer isn't a giant, but I think he is a solid animal. I just took a quick glance at his rack and knew I wanted to shoot him.

All of the encouragement means alot guys. I'm sure most of you have been in my shoes before and had all these thoughts running laps around your brain.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:07 PM
Site Buck Guru

I had one of those nights last night. []

Good luck in the morning, I bet you'll find it.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

Thats good to hear that dead red worked for you. Once you find your buck, make sure you get the bottle in the picture Go find him!
Old 11-18-2008, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

I bet he is after him right now! Best of luck.

Take a tripod!

Quick Reply: I've got a long sleepless night ahead of me now....(kind of long story)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.