Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 This 2nd guessing bullshit HAS to stop. >

This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM
Dominant Buck

Default This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

I was all set to go to a spot tomorrow that I know bucks use.....but with the rut kicking in.....I'm 2nd guessing that spot in favor of a spot that has good doe traffic.

"buck" spot.....I've only seen one doe there (actually only seen two bucks in three sits, there, too).

The "doe" spot....I've literally seen 30+ in there, before.....and saw 4 last time I was in there.

Gun hunters will likely be "near" the "buck" spot (but far enough away to likely be to my advantage). Nobody will be hunting near my "doe" spot.

The 2nd guessing part is this......You work ALL SEASON to find good buck activity areas.....then this rut kicks in and that stuff's as useful as tits on a boar hog.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: This 2nd guessing **** HAS to stop.

Jeff, if i was you i would just start flipping coins
Old 11-17-2008, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Do you know why men have nipples Jeff?
Old 11-17-2008, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought you were done beating yourself to death over hunting too hard?? If I were you I would concentrate on having fun like ya wanna do and just go with your gut!!! Gd Luck!!!
Typical Buck

I'd go with the 'doe' spot. 100%. They'll be finishing up with one doe and be looking hard for another. And they sure won't be looking in a 'buck' spot. Even better would be a travel corridor between the two spots.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You work ALL SEASON to find good buck activity areas.....then this rut kicks in and that stuff's as useful as tits on a boar hog.
I thought rut was a big advantage? I keed, I keed.[8D]

Deer movements aside, I'd setup where ever you felt more confident, nothing like second guessing yourself. Just play your gut instinct. If you have seen good movement at either place, it sounds like a win win. If rut is full steam in your area, I personally would be near does.

I like getting close to bedding areas more than anything in my area. No matter the time of year, they still bed down daily.

Tip one over and post it up yourself before anyone else makes a teaser![8D] Ill be hitting the stand around 11 am tomorrow after classes.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

At this point in the year, hunt the does, the bucks will continue to show for a couple more weeks..first of December back to food sources. You need to not put too much pressure on yourself. You've hunted as hard as anyone in here and you'll tag a buck you likein the next two weeks. Lock it in, my prediction.
Old 11-17-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last weekend I hunted 6 times and never went to same spot,close as I got to hunting a spot twice was maybe 200 yards.The bucks were pushing does and busting yearlings off them so it was just watching for where does were staging and hope a mature buckwas checking the trails.Saw quite a few good bucks,but bow hunting limited my range and they were not stopping for very long!I saw deer at each setup,no pattern would have worked for me.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Try hunting on public land with hikers, joggers, rowdy kids and 54 other hunters. Add to that, this week is prescribed burning and then it's shotgun season in the park.

Every day out there is a gamble and adventure.

Don't stress over which spot to choose. Pick one and go with it. Enjoy your day outside even if the deer don't cooperate.
Old 11-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

you'll NEVER stop second guessing yourself...EVER. just gotta have a game plan and confidence in the plan and location. ive tried for years to be in 2 or more places at once...ive yet to succeed...i always wonder if i shoulda been in spot B instead of spot A...maybe the turkeys were more active in that other set of woods...maybe the trout were hitting better at that other fishing hole...

its the nature of the beast...no way around it....just gotta have faith and confidence in where ever it is you decide to go for the day...

and, dont drive by, or beable to see your other stands! when you do, thats when you realize that if you really WERE at the other spot, that big buck was milling around at 20yds from the stand all morning...or that big ole tom is strutting 20yds from where you would have setup! lol...

good luck Jeff....

Quick Reply: This 2nd guessing bull**** HAS to stop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.