Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Heavy B Coming In And.... >

Heavy B Coming In And....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heavy B Coming In And....

Old 11-19-2008, 05:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Heavy B Coming In And....

I checked into the law about impeding my hunting and it does not apply to neighbor's dogs. After much soul searching, I am going to live trap the suckers and turn them in to the animal rescue league. Hopefully, a caring family will adopt them and keep them in a safe loving environment a long way away from here.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

I know in Wi if you shoot a dog chasing deer youre in big big trouble, unless its a yote.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:52 PM

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I know in Wi if you shoot a dog chasing deer youre in big big trouble, unless its a yote.
Then it's a coy dog in my woods...and we have a few of those here.....ok, had

Coy Dog = domestic dog running with coyotes / wolves

I give you credit AF, you show true sportsmanship with this last post.....you're a good man.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Perfect solution AF.For the guys that kept saying shoot the dog, what kind of people are you?

Do you know how horrible it would be to shoot a lab, it would be yelping and biting the arrow. It's not the dogs fault. Have some humanity for goodness sake people, shooting man's best friend is not the solution, it's not like these are wild dogs, they are peoples pets.
Old 11-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dopler

Perfect solution AF.For the guys that kept saying shoot the dog, what kind of people are you?

Do you know how horrible it would be to shoot a lab, it would be yelping and biting the arrow. It's not the dogs fault. Have some humanity for goodness sake people, shooting man's best friend is not the solution, it's not like these are wild dogs, they are peoples pets.
Let me ask you a question. Whatis the difference if someone's pit bull, instead of a gentle lab,gets loose and kills a child (God forbid)instead of a deer? For starters, the first thing that will take place is that dog will be put down for his actions. There's no question about that. Why? The dog was only doing what has been bred into him to do.Now, if the owners of said dog can be located they will be held legally responsible for what took place. But, at this point the damage has been done.[&o]Do you see the direction I'm going? Dogs MUST be contained, and if enough forethought goes into it theyWILL be contained, and not getting loose. That's if the owners care enough about their pets!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I always like the people who say.....if someone killed my dog, I'd be going to jail!.......pfffft. It's a damn dog and if it so special.........chain the stupid thing up during hunting season.......problem solved.

You are going to more trouble than I would by live trapping them. Kudos to you.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

There are way too many dogs allowed to roam free and chase deer. If you are not a responsible owner and can't keep them on your property you deserve to loose your dog. Sorry I'm no dog lover, had way too many hunts screwed up by neighbors dogs. There should be zero tolerance here. They are dogs not people.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dopler

I agree... Some of the comments/replies are out of control....
Old 11-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

THIS CASE IS CLOSED, VERDICT IS SENTENCING DOGS TO DEATH.

My dogs have run and got into other peoples garbage before, they warned me, I locked the dogs up. If you've had a one on one talk about it with them, they still don't do anything,then kill'em and don't say a word to anyone around you or here.
Old 11-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

If, after repeated warnings, the owner doesn't "get it", the dog certainly would. I'm a cat man myself. Ya ever see how those little buggers spin around and flip? Now you know I'm just kidding.

Quick Reply: Heavy B Coming In And....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.