HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Release failure=lost opportunity (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/273992-release-failure-lost-opportunity.html)

txjourneyman 11-17-2008 06:09 AM

Release failure=lost opportunity

[:@]The caliper jaw of my Cobra mamba R-1 is somewhere on the forest floor of the north east Texas woods. It got there when the release blew apart while I was drawing on a doe. I had drawn the bow when I got into my stand in the dark without any problem. I don't know why it failed but it did. This release was less than a year old. I got it shortly after getting my Marquis. It has seen a LOT of shots but has never been neglected or abused. The only thing left is the fixed jaw and the trigger. The caliper and the guts are gone.
This happened Sunday morning. Sunday was the last day it was legal to kill a doe on my lease.[:@]I got out my back-up release, a Carter loop Master, and continued my all day sit. I saw more deer but never had another shot opportunity.

eswany 11-17-2008 06:20 AM

RE: Release failure=lost opportunity

That's too bad man. Not a good way to end your lease!

txjourneyman 11-17-2008 06:25 AM

ORIGINAL: eswany

That's too bad man. Not a good way to end your lease!
Well, I still have 2 buck tags to fill out there so I'm not done. And theres always feral hogs so I'm never done out there.

Kanga 11-17-2008 06:36 AM

Greg.

That just sux big time.

Now it would have been next to impossible for that to happen if you was using the LB;):)

Can not imagine your fingers flying off into the forest:D

virginiashadow 11-17-2008 06:49 AM

tx--my release of 3 years failed this past Saturday as well. I sat through 8 hours of rain off and on...I tested the release at 3pm and it would not open or close. I tried it over and over it would not work. I switched to a release I used years ago. 10 minutes after I put that release on, two does come wondering in and after a good battle with the lead doe I had an eight yard shot. When I drew and put my finger on that release I did not feel comfortable. I shot right over her back and blew it....lesson for me, buy two of the same releases so that everything is the same.

Matt/TN 11-17-2008 12:58 PM

Scott.

StruttinGobbler3 11-17-2008 01:01 PM

go with a scott, more expensive but higher quality

KodiakArcher 11-17-2008 01:02 PM

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

[:@]I got out my back-up release, a Carter loop Master, and continued my all day sit. I saw more deer but never had another shot opportunity.
Let me get this straight, your Carter release was a back-up for your Cobra release?[&:]

txmarshmonkey 11-17-2008 02:26 PM

Greg, that does suck!
>
>
>
I don't know what else to say.........

txjourneyman 11-17-2008 02:28 PM

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

[:@]I got out my back-up release, a Carter loop Master, and continued my all day sit. I saw more deer but never had another shot opportunity.
Let me get this straight, your Carter release was a back-up for your Cobra release?[&:]
I just felt more comfortable with the Cobra. Not anymore!