Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 what bow would you buy >

what bow would you buy

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what bow would you buy

Old 11-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default what bow would you buy

OK my dad is thinking about getting into hunting/archery. If he does i will sell him my reflex cheap and buy me a new buy.

What would you buy i want something higher end but under say 800 or 900. Stripped.
I was thinking a Hoyt Matthews or a bear. But i have not really looked at them much in the last few years.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:21 PM

Default RE: what bow would you buy

all 3 companies produce a nice bow.id say go shoot some of each and decide what feels best and fits best for you.

in my non professional and most certainly a personal opinion...i like hoyt alot and mathews not very far behind that.

if you are interested in a really nice hoyt i have one for sale.brand new 2009 hoyt powerhawk
Old 11-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Spike

Hoyt Katera, pse dream season or 82nd from bowtech!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Shoot all the bows you can get your hands on. Don't overlook BowTech you might find out why they are the fastest growing Bow Company out there.

Dan
Old 11-15-2008, 08:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ya i will look at bow tech i have no proplem with them.
Maybe you guys can help me. After i got my bow a new bow come out it had 4 cams. And was really short. Any idea how makes it.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think you might be thinking of an Eagle Oneida???
Old 11-16-2008, 03:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Of those three i would get a mathews. I love the way mine shoots and wouldn't hesitate to get another in the future. Your reaaly should look at them all and try them out then pick what feels right for you
Old 11-16-2008, 05:26 AM

Two important things I want in a bow:
-draw stop (pulling into a draw stop contributes to consistency)
-narrow (torquereducing) grip. If the grip is big can it be swapped for sideplates only or shot bare riser?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:46 AM
Fork Horn

OK my dad is thinking about getting into hunting/archery. If he does i will sell him my reflex cheap and buy me a new buy.

What would you buy i want something higher end but under say 800 or 900. Stripped.
I was thinking a Hoyt Matthews or a bear. But i have not really looked at them much in the last few years.
Dude CABELAS has the Diamond Marquis for 649.88 right now and they include free bino's I just bought my diamond in 61# for my target and I shot my deer with it friday evening And I got pass through with my muzzy. This is an excellent bow and its quiet ZERO hand shock. If you get a chance watch this review it will show you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD6DvsruMrQ Youll be surprised this bow is made by bowtech.
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

If your on a budget, i would go with one of the new lower end Hoyts. They look like some pretty sweet boys for the price!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.