Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance?? >

Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Old 11-15-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Im torn guys.help what did I hit??

Thx for the encouragement 130!!
I am getting off of here for now, but would lke to hear everyones opinion/personal experiences on such a situation whether its good or bad!!

Old 11-15-2008, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

fellas the reason i think this deer is STILL alive is the only time we had "good" blood is when he ran the the 3! different STEEP hills.... in my expierence any mortally woundeddeer would not of ran up these hills... i dont see a one lunged hit buck runnin up these hills.... would been to hard for him to breath in my opinion... we never did find the arrow.. we lost blood 3 times an the only time we found it again is when he started up another hill... i honestly think this deer is alive an his shot placement wasnt what seth thought it was... things happened so fast as he explained to me ... i wanted to find the deer more than he did but i jus really think this deer is alive... where we lost blood was after he was goin on a flat after his 3rd hill ...about 40-50 yards on this flat he jus stoped pumpin blood out...
Old 11-15-2008, 03:37 PM

I don't have an explanation other than if you hit that deer in the spot you say you did, it's dead. The deer isn't going survive that hit with that much arrow up inside his chest cavity. I hope you find him.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

heres a rough view of the track job the smorning.. the yellow areas was the only place we had good blood also the same spots where he ran up the hills........the rest of the way was really spot here spot here spot there...

Old 11-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

28 yards in the heat of the moment! Maybe you didn't hit him quite where you think you did. A little forward and down you could have hit the knuckle not the scapula. Can be a tough place to get an arrow in..

I hit one in the shoulder last year and relive that moment more than some kills. I think the knuckle ( if thats what it's called ) did me in. Dead deer I'm sure but NO blood and a broken off arrow.

Take another walk.Stinks being you right now doesn't it??
Old 11-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don'y know if you guy's saw Pat Reeves Buck last Year in Buffalo County WI. I couldn't find the video but I found the story. http://www.wisconsinsportsmanmag.com/hunting/whitetail-deer-hunting/WI_1207_01/

It looked like the same kind of hit you made but it hit a rib and defected under the shoulder blade. Never hit the chest cavity. This might be what happened.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Spike

That just shows you anything is possible. I had a taxidermist once that showed me a perfect 3-bladed scar on the inside of the neck skin on a buck he was mounting.

You may have gotten one lung on this guy, especially since he bled for 1000 yds. I've seen that happen before on a doe I one-lunged. She dripped about every 15 ft for 3/4 of a mile and I never found her. There was good blood at first, so I assumed she was dead but I think I pushed her.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah Dave explained the situation better then I did, and I am grateful he was there to help with the tracking job because if not I woulda been lost from the get go under the circumstances!!

I dont know guys, but I am heading out in the morning for another look around! I am almost certain of where the arrow was in the deer and how much penetration I got, that is where the questioning came to mind!

Thanks for all your help and hopefully I will have a GOOD update tommorow!!
Old 11-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck!!

Maybe your arrow deflected to the right at the point of Impact? Prove me wrong and get this guy!! Best of luck to you!!
Old 11-16-2008, 05:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe you slid it between his shoulder and ribcage?

Quick Reply: Im torn guys.help what did I hit??..update..MAYBE theres a chance??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.