Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 My Admiral Experience: Good Update!PG2 >

My Admiral Experience: Good Update!PG2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My Admiral Experience: Good Update!PG2

Old 11-15-2008, 01:20 PM

Default My Admiral Experience: Good Update!PG2

Ok let me start by stating that Iwas a Huge Bowtech Fan and have been since 2005. I have owned the Following Tomcat, 06 Tribute, Guardian, 07 Trubute and now the Admiral. I purchased the 1st Admiral that came to my shop early oct. We were having issues getting it to tune via paper but got a decent tear and on about my business I went. After shooting a few days I noticed that it was corkscrewing alot. It has a brand new Ripcord on it which the store recomended as it was working well on other bowtechs. I agreed as I also have one on my 07 tribute and no issues. I shoot 28.5 Inch Gold Tip 5575 with 100gr heads or easton 400 with same head. D-loop, little goose release.Bow is set at 64lb with 28.5 draw.

I was checking the bow over and noticed that it was making a metal/metal sound when drawing. After taking it to the shop we discovered the bearing in the rollerguard had failed and thus they were rubbing metal to metal. Then we noticed that the cable was rubbing on the wheels/cams. Examined the tunning marks on the cams and noticed that they were way off. So we shimmed the roller guard and twisted the cable to get close to in tune based on the pegs not the tunning marks as directed by my shops Bowtech rep (Jamie).

Took it home still shooting terrible. Talked to my shop again they spoke with Jamie and ordered new roller guards. In this time I was in Contact with John Nelson via email at bowtech and he confirmed that the wheels had an issue and they had new ones to replace them.

Well here we are Nov 15th and over three weeks have gone by and no parts and my $770 Top of the Line Bow is still hanging in the shop collecting dust. I called the shop again yesterday and they said they have contacted Jamie 2 times and requested the new wheels and rollerguards and no such luck. Mr Nelson tells me the items are available but for some reasonthey have not made it tomy shop and that my shop should contact the warranty dept. They shop says they have contacted Jamie and he is supposed to contact the warranty dept?????

Two things could be going on here one my shop is givingmea line of you know what orfailure to comminicate via Jamie/BowtechWarranty Dept. I will point out that Mr Nelson has always responded to my email very quickly but the assurannce he has given methat they issues have been addresed and a resolution is availble have failed somehow between my shop and Bowtech.

Either way I am very dissapointded and my faith in Bowtech has become less than stellar. I think that I got a lemon here, but I just had to have the first one in my area..... as the shop assures methat no one else is having issues and loving the admiral. I am very aware of the value of customer service and this is no longer an acceptable level of service for an item of this value.

I dont not what else to do here and I am loosing my cool...... so I am taking my experience to the public via the forums I visit.

If any one has any suggestions or simular experiences I would love to hear how you handled the situation.

Thanks For listening
Old 11-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My Admiral Experience

Dude call bowtech and tell them the problems your having.. BOWTECH is awesome about making there bows right. I had one the cam was wearing down in my serving where it goes on the cam. And they replaced string and cams yes cams plural...If its def the BOW and you havent put aftermarket strings on or modified the cams they will warranty 100% and as for the roller guard thats a warranty thing...that will be replaced no problem by them.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Spike

Having Bowtech react slow to issues is an ongoing problem. I got the run around for well over a month before I returned my General. I bought a Katera and never realized how accurate a bow could be. Never going back. . .
Old 11-15-2008, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

A lot of the time the level of service you'll get from a company is directly tied to who your shop's direct sales account rep/service rep at said company is. It sounds like somebody is jerking you around... and in all honesty (and I'm not trying to stick up for anyone here) it is probably your shop giving you a run around. Anybody at Bowtech... any account rep... can fill the order or the warranty for your bow... all your shop has to do is call.... granted in my experience BT ain't always the fastest on delivery... a week is to be expected... three weeks... never... not that slow. Remember too that I'm in SE VA.... and Oregon is a long ways off. So it can take a while unless you are willing to pay extra shipping.

Regardless... three weeks is unacceptable. Bowtech and all the other bow companies are really easy to deal with... its the link in the middle (your shop) that is likely the issue. Frankly, someone at the shop may have just forgotten about it. In the fast paced retail world... its easy to do. I'm not saying its an excuse... but just keep on the shop about it. Its their job to get the part... get it installed... and get the bow back in your hands.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with SwampCollie.

Tell your shop to call Todd in warranty. He is quick to get anything and everything I have ever needed concerning warranty parts. Usually something like this is shipped 3 day air no questions asked.

Honestly, Idon't know why your shop didn't swap you bows if you only had it a couple of days and had a problem like this with it. I have done that before for customers and fixed the bow when the parts came in.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

I agree with SwampCollie.

Tell your shop to call Todd in warranty. He is quick to get anything and everything I have ever needed concerning warranty parts. Usually something like this is shipped 3 day air no questions asked.

Honestly, I don't know why your shop didn't swap you bows if you only had it a couple of days and had a problem like this with it. I have done that before for customers and fixed the bow when the parts came in.

True that.

And if not the whole bow... certainly the roller guard/arm.

I'll take a limb off a new bow, trigger groups out of crossbows... bolts, cams... idlers... you name it... if you just bought a bow from me and it has gone goofy on you, then anything and everything in that shop is fair game to be pillaged. I'll yank just about anything and put it on a customer's should the situation dictate it's necessary, honestly, I don't know too many long running shops with healthy reputations that wouldn't do the same thing.

That bow can sit in a box or in the corner for a week or two until I get around to it. A new part is a new part is a new part. It'll show up. But in the meantime.... the customer is out hunting and not stewing on an internet forum about feeling chaffed.... thats the important part. Communication hang ups can and do happen. The shop might be waiting to hear from you or from bowtech. My experience.... burn up the phone.... I'll aggrivate the crap out of bowtech if I have to (which I never have had to). And there are certainly times I've needed that same treatment from a customer... like I said... retail is hectic.. there are fifteen balls in the air at once... and folks are only human. Give'em a call... check up.. see whats up... find out what the deal is....
Old 11-15-2008, 09:16 PM

Thanks for the responses.

I have been calling my shop on Mondays and Fridays each week as the response from them is we will call bowtech again on monday and oreder the parts. Is there a number I can call as I was under the impression that customers could not contact the warranty dept.

Seems like Mr Nelson could offer some more assitance otherthan just telling me the items are available from bowtech and the shop should contact bowtech warranty dept. I have given him the name of the shop and the name of the Bowtech rep.

As far as taking parts off another Admiral every one they had in the last time i wenthad the same contact issue with the cables and it was my understanding that they would have to replace the cams on all of them as it was not a individual issue much like they did on the General with the limbs.

I really want to keep this bow as it feels great in the hand....now if we can just get it to shoot and maintain reliability. I will be shooting the 09 modles of other manufactures and giving them a real look this year. I have always shot as many brands as I could in the past but have always been partial to bowtech....we shall see what happens in the next week.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:24 PM

My email dates to bowtech were 10-12,10-13,10-22 and 10-29. Each timethe theme ofresponse was to have shop contact warranty department as they either were aware of the issues or had fixes.

How much more can I do.....anyone know how I can move up the ladder or request a exchange/refund from my dealer?

Old 11-16-2008, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck442

My email dates to bowtech were 10-12,10-13,10-22 and 10-29. Each timethe theme ofresponse was to have shop contact warranty department as they either were aware of the issues or had fixes.

How much more can I do.....anyone know how I can move up the ladder or request a exchange/refund from my dealer?

Please e-mail me your name and your dealers name & locationand I'll see if I can look into this and see what's going on.

[email protected]

Regards, Pat
Old 11-16-2008, 03:44 PM

It sounds to me that your shop sux. They should replace it with a new bow. Never had a problem
with my General...but, there's lemons out there.

Quick Reply: My Admiral Experience: Good Update!PG2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.