HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Single or multi pin sights? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/273673-single-multi-pin-sights.html)

monster6 11-15-2008 07:38 AM

Single or multi pin sights?

What do you prefer and have? What are the disadvantages/advantages of it?

HuntingEd 11-15-2008 07:54 AM

RE: Single or multi pin sights?

I switched to a single adjustable pin this year from multiple. Its great, I didnt like the 'guesswork' of shooting between your pins at ranges you dont have a pin for. Also it provides for an amazingly clear sight picture, shot 2 deer w/ the new sight this year and have no complaints. I leave it set for 20 yrds since most of my shots are in the 10-25 yrd range, anything over 25 yrds and I think I owe it to the deer to adjust my sight, its a simple quick adjustment too.

Matt/TN 11-15-2008 08:01 AM

ORIGINAL: HuntingEd

I switched to a single adjustable pin this year from multiple. Its great, I didnt like the 'guesswork' of shooting between your pins at ranges you dont have a pin for. Also it provides for an amazingly clear sight picture, shot 2 deer w/ the new sight this year and have no complaints. I leave it set for 20 yrds since most of my shots are in the 10-25 yrd range, anything over 25 yrds and I think I owe it to the deer to adjust my sight, its a simple quick adjustment too.
X2

HHA all the way! ;)

Germ 11-15-2008 08:07 AM

I have used both, and I can say for me a single vertical pin is best for me when shooting a deer.

HHA is headed back on my bows[8D]

HuntingEd 11-15-2008 08:08 AM

BTW I have a HHA sight:D

shrewbeer 11-15-2008 08:14 AM

I put a multi pin on, and now regret it. next season will be single for sure

im ocd 11-15-2008 01:01 PM

Ihave used the HHA 5000 single pinfor hunting. I'm currently using a 5 pin sight, the TruGlow Xtreme micro adjust 5 pin with light. The housing on the Tru Glow is a good match with the 3/16'' Meta Peep I use. The HHA housing is smaller and doesn't align. I'm more accurate when I can align the housing with the peep.

MeanV2 11-15-2008 01:06 PM

The last few years I have switched back and forth between Multi pins (Spot Hogg) and single pin adjustable (HHA) Last year the HHA went back on my bows and are there again this year.

I can't imagine going back to Multi pins any more!;)

Dan

HOGHUNTINGUNLIMITED 11-15-2008 01:51 PM

I like 5 pin spot hogg "right on" sight, but I have never shot a single pin before.

TEmbry 11-15-2008 02:27 PM

I now shoota 5 pin sight. Vital Gear, brighter fibers don't exist, honestly no need whatsoever for a sight light even in the dark, and I like not having the 'guesswork' of having to adjust my sight as an animal approaches....Whether he stops at 40-45 or blasts in to 3 yards without stopping, I have a pin already to go for it, and Im at full draw waitin.

Those that shoot single pin sights, what do you do if you adjust your sight for the farther shot that you are expecting as he is fixing to stop farther out there, but when you get to full draw he comes running in and stops at 15? resort to guesswork (even more guessing than before with multi pins) or let down, adjust and redraw?...or can it be adjusted while at full draw?

I wouldnt like having to remember to move the sights before the shot, to me personally, I would guess my self more with this method than pin gapping.

Different strokes for different folks, as of right now adjustable sights arent my cup of tea.