Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Single or multi pin sights? >

Single or multi pin sights?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Single or multi pin sights?

Old 11-15-2008, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Single or multi pin sights?

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

SC I see what you're saying.

Hinestly....I don't remember to many time susing any other pin but my 20yd. The ones I recall using another.....didn't work out too good. Imagine.

I played that game last year on a buck that would have made the book.

I KNEW that deer was 43 yards... I put the 40 yard pin right on the pump station... let her rip (I was shooting a spot-hogg right on wrap 5 pin at the time).

I made a perfect shoot too.... only problem was the deer was at 31 yards... and I shot clean over his back. Ain't nobody or nothing's fault but old number one over here.....

I have taken deer at over 30 yards (a handful) and even then I still just used my 20 and held over... even when I had a pin set for 30.... back in the multi-pin days. I still haven't shot a deer with this slider (I did use a single fixed pin for two seasons on my very first bow.. and a single fixed on my second bow for one season). But its really no different than the single set pin. Never been much on pendulum sights... had one given to me on the oneida I shot for a few months back in college... I could never hit anything with that sight.