Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Diamond won't shoot fixed blades >

Diamond won't shoot fixed blades

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Diamond won't shoot fixed blades

Old 11-15-2008, 09:10 AM

Default RE: Diamond won't shoot fixed blades

Oh yeah. Shooting muzzy 3 blades.
Old 11-15-2008, 09:34 AM

You don't need any money to make those fixed blade heads fly true, you just need to spend more time moving your arrow rest. I've never owned a bow in the last 37 years that I couldn't tune to shoot fixed blade heads.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

I know for my set up the straight fletched blazers don't provide enough drag. Your bow has to be in perfect n tune for that -- and by that I mean in tune to the most minuscule point. You need some sort of offset. That being saidMechanicals should fly fine with straight fletch -- mine did. As far as the biscuit or the Hostage -- pick your poison. I have both and wish it wasn't rut or I would throw my biscuit back on. The hostage brushes are crap. I went to replace the brush the other day and the screw was already stripped -- the way it came from the factory. A gunsmith stripped the head for me and the shop replaced the screw for me. My christmas present is a QAD Ultrarest. Im so done with the Hostage. If the drop aways aren't right for me I wouldn't hesitate to go back to the biscuit.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never saw a Bow in 40 years of Bowhunting that I couldn't tune to shoot fixed blades like a lazer.

With todays small heads, it really is a breeze. Put some time in this next year and you can work things out. If you ever need to talk on the phone, I'm fairly easy to catch or will get back to you quickly.

Dan
Old 11-15-2008, 12:37 PM

Thanks meanv2. BTW, nice products. I love the carbon fiber finish. Does the V2 stand for v-twin? I find it interesting to see other biker/bowhunters out there. Nothing like TWO super expensive hobbies.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 PM

If the bow is paper tuned well,you said it is, I would try a lower profile head and see if a more compact fixed head flies better. The Muzzy has a lot of blade surface area, blades are like fletching on the front of the arrow; reduce the blade surface and subsequently reduce the tendency to plane. I would suggest trying a head like the Slick Trick standard or Wasp Boss Bullet and see if they fly better, they do for me.
Old 11-15-2008, 01:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: 442deer

Thanks meanv2. BTW, nice products. I love the carbon fiber finish. Does the V2 stand for v-twin? I find it interesting to see other biker/bowhunters out there. Nothing like TWO super expensive hobbies.
Yep, The MEANV2 actually is the License plate on my Harley. I used to own 2 and sunk over $40,000 in each, but got rid of the single seater Show Bike. I was actually contacted by American Iron to do a photo shoot on what I called my Tweety bike.

There was a Pissed Off Tweety Bird painted on the rear fender.

The MeanV thing just kind of stuck

Dan

Old 11-15-2008, 01:18 PM

Nice bike, here's mine.

Old 11-15-2008, 02:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's my other Ride!

Dan

Old 11-15-2008, 02:20 PM
Fork Horn

[blockquote]quote:

"Ya, dem diamonds can be hard to tune" [/blockquote]
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont know man Im using muzzy 125gr 3 blades with my diamond marquis 61# and it shoots like a champ...TACK DRIVER / DEER KILLER whatever you wanna call it. It not as fast as my commanderbut shoots well.