Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Will you hunt in the rain??? >

Will you hunt in the rain???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Will you hunt in the rain???

Old 11-13-2008, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default Will you hunt in the rain???

Its suppose too be raining here in Iowa all day tomorrow. Are the deer gonna move in the rain or would you prefer a stalk??
Old 11-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Will you hunt in the rain???

I left the woods this morning at 10:00AM because of it![:@][:'(]When it's heavy I won't hunt in it.[&o]
Old 11-13-2008, 04:47 PM
bigcountry

I used too. But no more. Life is too short to be sittin in the rain. I used to sit in a stand all day too.

These days, if I am not excited and having fun, I won't do it.

Old 11-13-2008, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Thats the way im starting too feel!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:52 PM

it rained here in il. all morning and then off and on in the afternoon on tues. i hunted that afternoon 1:30 till dark
i saw two little bucks and three does both buck were 20 to 30 yrds saw the first one at 2:30 in the rain 2nd one at 3:15 again in the rain good luck
Old 11-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will not hunt in a rain either, if its a little off and on sprinkle then sure I will be out there but otherwise Nahhh!!
I agree with BigCountry if I am not enjoying myself then whats the point to being out there? I know you cant kill em on the couch but I can enjoy my day much much more!! This is the reason I opted not to spend $$$ on a rain suit this year like I planned!!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

I don't like to bow hunt in a steady rain. Not only does it make it miserable to sit but I'm always fearful of having a blood trail washed away and being unable to recover a deer. If you make a good shot you probably wont need the blood trail because the deer will likely die before it gets 100 yards, but you can't always guarantee a perfect shot. Plus i shoot feathers and even though i think their problems in the rain are mostly overblown in a heavy rain they def get matted down. If however the rain is light, or on and off I usually try to stick it out.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Typical Buck

I just got home after hunting in the rain for 4 hours.

I posted a thread around noon today asking if its worth hunting in the rain. LOL

The thing is, I seen more deer today than any other this year. I think part of it is that i was real quiet going in with all the leaves being wet. Just make sure youre dry and keep your eyes peeled, they sneak it pretty quietly.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on how hard it is raining and when it is going to end. More so when it is going to end. I will sit out an hour or so before it ends.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will hunt in the rain as long as it is not coming down in buckets.

Quick Reply: Will you hunt in the rain???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.