Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 12:20 PM
Typical Buck

Default Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What drives a person to poach????
This is a long story, I went up to my cabin this week to hunt, on Wednesday around noon a buddy of mine called me to tell me he was seeing a monster in a neighbors pasture with a Doe, He would chase her about 100 yards and she would bed and then he would, this had been going on all morning, so he goes and asked permission and got it.
Then he calls me back around 6:00pm and told me the story, He went out to hunt at around 2:00pm and was talking to the farmer when they heard a shot from the pasture, it borders the road, they went up and seen 2 guys dragging the big buck up the hill towards the road and a white truck sitting on the road, they called the sheriff and the Conservation officer on duty, then they jumped in a truck and drove up to the truck and got the license number before it took off and tried to run them off the road, they jumped out and the 2 guys dragging the deer where running across the pasture as hard as they could. The deer was a 10-pointer and rough scored 185"..
The CPO said he would run them down, come to find out these guys, 3 of them are pipeliners working in this area, they were driving a company truck, these guys make between $60,000 and $100,000.00 a year, he said they would loose there jobs, they confiscated the truck, wrote them lots of tickets and found several Large racks in there camper they were staying in which also got confiscated..
My Question Is WHY?????? Why would someone risk a Great job, Jail time, having your hunting rights taken away.....

Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defenitely doesnt sound worth it to me. But I am glad they got caught and got what they deserved.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure they gotall they deserved, depriving a deserving hunter of a chance at such an animal. But at least they did get caught.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Typical Buck

Bone makes people do stupid stuff!!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

Bragging rights probably. They were just thinking how cool it would be to go back to their home town over the holiday break and show off the big antlers they got while working on the road. Probably had plans on parading them around to their local Legion and VFW. At least that is what would happen around here. Were they younger guys? Just wondering. Good that they got caught though.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Spike

Nice work getting them caught. A lot of people wouldn't have done anything let alone approach the poachers.

I never understand it either. Aside from risking job, truck, etc. they also have to spend the rest of their lives either hiding the rack or making up a story about it to cover up the fact that they poached it.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Spike

Laziness and stupidity are a dangerous concoction.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Because they can't get it done with there skills so they have to poach
Old 11-13-2008, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

They have probably done it for years and probably got away with it for years. Few peopler persue these things, so these idiots go on unchecked. If you see something like this, PLEASE report it. I don't recommend chasing after them, but certainly report it.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:00 PM

Because they thought they could get away with it!
Also, one word describes this.

RETARDS

Quick Reply: Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.