Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Spike

Default RE: Poachers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have the same problem around here. Big boddied deer lying 50 yards from the road in a field with a big notch cut in their head. Conservation has been cracking down in our area though. I see a conservation truck every so often compared to none a few years ago. One guy was caught around midnight spotlighting. When they checked his truck he had 3 fresh cut antlers in his bed. He claimed he found the deer dead hit by a car. And Elvis is still alive.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

Thats the problem unless some see them do it and is will to testify to it thay probably only ticketed him for spotlighting.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:50 PM
Typical Buck

People are idiots and there lazy, bottom line.....

Last year me and buddy were heading to my lake house anda truck in front of us was spot lighting going down the road, checking every field. He didnt even seem to notice we were behind him. thank god a cop came up behind me just minutes later and went around and pulled him over. Stuff irritates the piss out me!!!!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not enough smarts upstairs to do things the right way!
Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

We had that problem around here a couple years ago. Some construction workers from down south were working here in Ohio. They were going around shooting every buck they would see from their truck. They were taking the racks and backstraps from each buck they shot and leaving the rest lay. Our GW was pulling into his driveway one night and notice a truck driving really slow down the road past his house. He decided to follow behind them, but not close enough for them to see. While he was following he heard a shot and pulled up to the truck while they were dragging a deer to the road. He ended up busting them for 20+ counts of poaching with a rifle, spotlighting and shooting from a vehicle. They had 5 coolers in the back with all the backstraps in them on ice.

I don't know what people think when they do this crap![:@]Definetly rubs me the wrong way!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Its a pride thing, everyone wants to be someone, and theseguys wanna be "great hunters."Since they dont have the skills or patience to do it the right way, they cheat.

Its pitiful.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

People just don't think, it is never wirth it. What kind of bragging rights does crap like that provide. They get everything they deserve
Old 11-13-2008, 03:29 PM

I think I am having some problems on a farm I hunt in Highland County, Ohio. I have 3 or 4 trucks every evening drive the road real slow, one even stopped and whistled at my decoy in the back of a bean field. If I catch those SOB'S it aint going to be pretty. Game warden will be called after I am done.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Becasue they sell the racks for money and also becasue they are worthless piles of crap. I'm so glad that they got caught, kudos to your friends for having the balls to engage them. There is an old saying around the holidays, i think it goes something like this... "Everytimea poacher gets caught, an angel gets its wings" or isit something to do with a bell? hmmm?