Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Va has been hit hard with bad weather all season... >

Va has been hit hard with bad weather all season...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Va has been hit hard with bad weather all season...

Old 11-13-2008, 07:43 AM

Default Va has been hit hard with bad weather all season...

The last 3 days were great, but we have only had about 6 days of good hunting weather, here it is the last week of bow season and it's going to pour down today and tomorrow for much of the day starting in a few hrs..Im at work and cannot go in the AM either day...Murphy's law???
Old 11-13-2008, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Va has been hit hard with bad weather all season...

well up here in Northern Va is been pretty nice, not great but not bad. The slow rain this morning up here is perfect!!! big buck stomping weather.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:46 AM
Typical Buck

I feel your pain. I took a week of vacation last week and it was ussually either too warm out, raining, or blowing about 30 mph.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: cooter144

I feel your pain. I took a week of vacation last week and it was ussually either too warm out, raining, or blowing about 30 mph.
You too?[:@] The wind howled hear and the temps were warm most of last week when I was off as well. The weather overall has been pretty *#(@&#@*!^! lately in Maryland.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Vabowman

The last 3 days were great, but we have only had about 6 days of good hunting weather, here it is the last week of bow season and it's going to pour down today and tomorrow for much of the day starting in a few hrs..Im at work and cannot go in the AM either day...Murphy's law???
for the entire year? thats crazy
Old 11-13-2008, 10:35 AM

yeh 125py, it has been pretty bad all year..we have had about 6 days this year that have been ideal..cool, light breeze, dry, other than that, it's hot, windy, rain or all 3!
Old 11-13-2008, 10:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, with all of the complaining I've been doing about not seeing deer, the weather yesterdaycouldn't have been better. We had very little wind (perfect direction), much cooler temps, and it was cloudy. I'm talking about PERFECT deer hunting weather. I still saw nothing.
As far as the full moon coming tonight, that leaves tomorrow and Sat (season ends Sat) for me to become a believer in this "rutting moon" thing. Oh yea, sat this morning from an hour before light until 10:00AM (started raining), and again saw NOTHING!![&o][&o]
DISHEARTENING!!! Thisis the only way to describe my bowhunting seasonso far. I guess I'll just have to get a buck in Alberta, that's all there is to it.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

Yup! I know what you mean. I have been alternating my muzzleloader and bow because of the negative "bow" days. Its kind of made up for it, dropping two nice bucks (1 with bow and 1 with muzzleloader)and my tag limit of does with bow. Im looking forward to late archery season to be honest. I think we will be getting a pretty cold, wet winter and I prefer to hunt that kind of weather with bow. The only downside of it is the intrusion of dogs and the "brown its down" mentality of hunting that comes with this time of year.

Since Saturday is gun season, I will maybe have a chance to use the dogs to my benefit. I will definately be hunting, regardless. This is the first season I could possibly fill my bear tag as well. I have seen him/her twice in the same area by creek.

My goal is a bird before Thanksgiving

keep your chin up!
Old 11-13-2008, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say that we've only had one decent stretch of weather during this time of year in the last 5 or 6 years. Every year, it's waaaay too warm and then it rains. I always say, " when the heat subsides and the rain stops, it'll be windy" and I've always been right about that too. I'm still waiting for a nice cool and still day with overcast skies . . . but I haven't gotten that yet.

It's raining right now . . .