Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Matthews hits 360FPS >

Matthews hits 360FPS

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Matthews hits 360FPS

Old 11-12-2008, 09:41 PM

Default RE: Matthews hits 360FPS

I hope you are right, BigBulls.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Schultzy

ORIGINAL: TEmbry

ORIGINAL: nissan300ztt

I dont know I dont believe its possible with 70# draw maybe with 80# and 65% let off...thats the only possible way. Unless they are using some freakishly new HUGE cam design. Single cam cannot product those speeds. I would imagine its gonna have the limb flex of the PSE X-force, and like mathews famous SOLOCAM I dont know im pretty skeptical I think why Block makes a 400FPS target isnt for mathews its because of the DESERT STRYKER by bowtech 405FPS.

BELIEVE NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR AND HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE
Dude, I honestly don't know where your posts come from
Your not the only one Trevor!!
That makes 3 of us!
As for the Mathews, I also thought they were known for being very smooth, should be interesting to see how they shoot with this "extra" speed.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

My Drenalin is 2 years old, i wonder if i could get my wife to agree to buy a new bow huh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

360????????????? that would be nice
Old 11-12-2008, 09:52 PM
Fork Horn

I shot a Mathews SQ2 for years. Killed my share of game with it and still like to shot it on occasion. I still have it as a backup bow. It had no where near the speed my new bow (Tribute) has. One of my sons uses it now for 3D and when he can get the chance to hunt. I have nothing but good things to say about Mathews.

Personnally I'm hoping the new models do everything I'm hearing.

Now having said that here's my selfish motive. I've never been the type to jump on the latest bandwagon. I prefer to let someone else work out the wrinkles. I'm hoping that there will be a glut of used Switchback XT's or DXT's for me to pick up at a great price as my new bow.......
Old 11-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Show me a bow that gets 360fps with a 28" draw lengthand withdecent weight arrows and a normal working guy can afford and I'll eat my hat.
They never will. That is why they call it IBO specifications...... It's a standard measuring system for bows.....which is a 30" draw length, 70 pound bow shooting a 350 grain arrow. Obviously if you have a shorter DL, shoot less than 70 pounds, or shoot a heavier than 350 grain arrow you will not achieve these speeds.

The problem is that Mathews, as well as a bunch of other bow manufacturers,is notorious for fudging their DL numbers and DW numbers in order to make their bows look good in their ads.
You're kidding me....you mean I couldn't get 360fps with my 26.5" draw length and my 400gr arrows fletched with 3in helical vaneswith Slick Trick BH's. Well thats false advertising. Mathews is a bunch of liars.......[:-]......................................ok........ ................. sarcasm off
Old 11-12-2008, 10:11 PM

OK. Now that I have run around the house three times while screaming hystarically, I can take this in. I hope that it is all that they say is and involves a revolutionary cam design that Bowtech can use for 2010 and dominate once again. Long live the 82nd.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:12 AM
Fork Horn

They were hitting 350+ IBO on a single cam black max 2....5 years ago. And it was still fairly smooth and not loud at all. So IMO I believe they are very capable of making a bow that will shoot 360 IBO with a single cam with hardly any trouble now.

Only time will tell but I'm sure its going to be one to check out
Old 11-13-2008, 05:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Its not the speed that kills em so who cares??
Old 11-13-2008, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Mikey S.

PSE has a single cam bow out for 09 that pushes 330 IBO. It's called the Bowmadness XL I believe.340 is definitely possible.
Sweet little 8 pound 6 ounce little infant Jesus, make it stop. Oh, what's that you say, even you are on the Mathews payroll? Seriously, they make a quality product and you pay for it, but they hype is enough to kill a man.

I will say this, if they come out with an "honest" 340 fps out of a single cam, that shoots smooth, I will give them their due. For now, I stay with the company that "caught" them.

Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 AM
Dominant Buck

Gee, I must really be out of the loop. I have my Guardian screeming at 263 or something like that. LOL 360 and I wouldn't beable to stack my pins. They'd be one big blob. LOL How far would that arrow go through a deer anyway.[8D]

Quick Reply: Matthews hits 360FPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.