Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec >

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

Old 04-21-2003, 09:03 AM

Default RE: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

In the last year I' ve bought 3 bows, Mathews Legacy, Bowtech Generation 3, and Hoyt ProTec. I still have the Hoyt!! Nuff said. Basically the bows performed just like they are advertised:

Mathews: Very smooth, very quite and pretty forgiving, very slow.
Bowtech: Very fast, fairly smooth, and somewhat forgiving, not very quite.
Hoyt: Extemely forgiving, fairly quite and fairly fast.

And like the others said, with hoyt, your draw length can be adjusted several inches. To me thats a huge advantage when I' m experimenting with various anchor points and release aids. Shoot ' em all and pick one thats fits you best.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunttokill, Now is the time to research a new bow. Visit a few, REPUTABLE proshops. Try a variety of bows. The one that fits you, shoots well with your style looks good to you and fits you budgett should be your next hunting partner. I recently purchased a new Hoyt, ProTec with the cam and 1/2. Smooth, quiet and very accurate. Oh, when shopping. Make sure to purchase a bow from an established manufacturer. A lifetime warranty does you no good if the company folds.
Old 04-22-2003, 07:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oops! Guess I should restate that. Mathews sells more Legacy bows than all the rest combined....of other Mathews bows. In other words, its the most Popular Mathews bow.
rcd567, that I can believe. Good hunting.[&:]

My choice of the three is BowTech. My Mighty Mite is as quiet as the others, and a good bit faster. I can pull 60#, shoot a heavier arrow, and get the speed of many 70# bows. My Pat Dually is not quite as quiet, but I can shoot logs at 61#, and still get good speed with 7 7/8" brace height. Both bows are very accurate.
Old 04-24-2003, 11:53 AM

I shoot a Mathews Conquest II for mainy reasons- quality, quietness,smooth shooting and pretty fast. However, the number one reason I bought it was how comfortable I felt shooting it compared to the othe bows I shot.
Most quality archery shops will let you test every line that they have. Try them all out, but don' t make the mistake I made on my first bow. I bought into the hype and advertising and purchased a bow that " I THOUGHT I WOULD GET USE TO" . I never did. Take your time, take a breath, and really shoot a variety of bows. Work with a trusted person at a good archery shop that will analyze your draw length, proper lbs pull and form with each bow. Don' t go to someone that just wants to sell you the most expensive or most hyped bow in there store.

I' m a liitle dissapointed that no one else in this forum would have written something similar.

The bows you mentioned are all top quality and you won' t go wrong with any of them as long as you choose the one that is comfortable for you.

-Mathewsconquest
Old 05-18-2003, 06:35 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 05-19-2003, 03:43 PM
Fork Horn

Mathews SQ2.....I love it....Try it out....its really small and packs a big punch
Old 05-19-2003, 04:18 PM

if your getting up in years i would say get a patriot i have a right hand 2002 and a left hand 2003. had to start shooting left bad eye and shoulder 2002 model 29 inch 60# shot 302 fps 2003 29 inch 60# shot 304fps. the 60# is a lot less ware on you than a 70# bow beside 60# pat will shoot just as fast as most 70# bows anyway the bows smooth quite and vibration free with a good brace height. if i was looking for a bow i would go with a good brace height 60# because thats all you need and some extra speed.
Old 05-21-2003, 05:53 PM

HOYT... this is a no brainer. The CyberTec is an awesome shooter...fast, smooth, quiet, no hand shock. Just freaking awesome. The HOYT XT2000 limbs are the best. Oh, and the new HOYT grip is easily the best grip going. There isn' t anything not to like about the new HOYT bows.
Old 05-21-2003, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Of the models you mention I like the patriot dual cam or the cybertech
Old 05-21-2003, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are the three manufacturers I was deciding between when I bought mine a couple months ago. After trying them all--plus a couple others--I picked the best. I picked HOYT!

Quick Reply: Which bow, Mathews/Hoyt/Bowtec

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.