Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Lets have a nice camo discussion! >

Lets have a nice camo discussion!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lets have a nice camo discussion!

Old 11-11-2008, 06:14 PM

Default Lets have a nice camo discussion!

While I agree that there are some very cool patterns out there, I've never been one to buy into all the hype. I'm of the opinion that most anything that breaks up the outline works. More often than not, my camo choice is dictated by what is clean at the moment. I'd rather be hunting in clean plain jane woodland camo than a dirty set of pick your favorite brand... By the time the deer is close enough to pick me out of the tree, he is most likely in big trouble. Discuss.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lets have a nice camo discussion!

Ultimate Camo... end of discussion.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: buckmaster

Ultimate Camo... end of discussion.
Shame on me then. I was completely mismatched in a jacket of one pattern and pants in another when I dropped my buck last week. I really do need to get with the program.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

I agree to a certain degree. I think how wisely a stand isselected is way more important than the camo. Good background is the key in my opinion.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Typical Buck

I also think that camo is more of a fashion statement (haha obviously using the term "fashion" very loosely) then anything. I don't think I've ever been in a situation where an animal has busted me and I thought "dang! if only I was wearing brand X instead of Brand Y!"
Old 11-11-2008, 07:06 PM
Fork Horn

I am using Mossy oak break up right now, but, I am a huge huge fan of USMC digital Woodland camo, The pixilization really break you up on a tree or stalking in alphalpha.

http://www.amazon.com/8675-ULTRA-FOR...139&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/FORCETM-JACKET...506&sr=8-5

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Woodla...506&sr=8-1
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

I use Army spec Digital woodland camo with a digital camo boonie hat. And knee high lacross goretex slip on boots. Get a deer every time.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

As long as you can blend in and break up your human (for most of y'all) form, that's it for camo. My son had deer under his stand this weekend while wearing black overalls with a camo fatigue jacket. The other half of the coin is scent control.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

As long as you can blend in and break up your human (for most of y'all) form, that's it for camo. My son had deer under his stand this weekend while wearing black overalls with a camo fatigue jacket. The other half of the coin is scent control.
I think scent control is BS. Ive never used any sort of scent block or scent lok and ive bagged a deer every year for 11 seasons. Even while wearing jeans and an orange and black camo jacket and smoke a cigar in my stand.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I too think camo is more for the hunters than the prey. Yes, I believe it helps...but I know plenty of folks that have killed piles of deer in carharts, blaze orange, red/black plaid, you name it. We (as hunters) are obsessed with the newest, latest, greatest fad....in all areas, not just camo. I have all types of camo from over the years....I don't really care what I wear, I throw on what is clean that will fit the weather for that day. I have probably 8 different patterns, and rarely wear one that matches top & bottome.

The other day I had my navy blue sweatshirt - and brought my jacket to put on once it got cold. It never gotcold enough for the jacket...so I had on my navy camo I guess. The deer didn't see me....maybe I can start a fad

Ask GregH what type camo he wears.....I got some of that too! I guarantee he ain't out buying the latest greatest [8D]

Quick Reply: Lets have a nice camo discussion!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.