Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 buck down for team 38 >

buck down for team 38

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

buck down for team 38

Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: buck down for team 38

ORIGINAL: Dopler

So let me get this straight. You're in a hunting team, Team 38 "Horn Ultimatum"to be exactand you shoot spike bucks that you see while sitting in your house while wearing house sandals. A littlebuck so drunk from the rut that anyone could have harvested it as itstood in your back yard. Then, you come on here andpost a manly namedpost entitled "Buck Down for Team 38"about your actions andmost of the guyson herecongratulate youon a great accomplishment. What is wrong with you and the rest of the guys on this site who would congratulate you for such an endeavor? I think what you did was not hunting and I think what you did was not in accordance with fair chase rules.Something's really wrong here that you get kudos for this action, certainly notfrom me. What are you going to do with those spike horns? Wouldn't a doe harvest have been just as good, but wait, "DoeDown for Team 38" does not sound as good eh? Team 38 eh? pfft,think I'll wait for team 39 to form.
[/align]

Dopler~~ refer to GMMAT's post in this thread or you could just go pound sand one or the other!!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

So let me get this straight. You're in a hunting team, Team 38 "Horn Ultimatum"to be exactand you shoot spike bucks that you see while sitting in your house while wearing house sandals. A littlebuck so drunk from the rut that anyone could have harvested it as itstood in your back yard. Then, you come on here andpost a manly namedpost entitled "Buck Down for Team 38"about your actions andmost of the guyson herecongratulate youon a great accomplishment. What is wrong with you and the rest of the guys on this site who would congratulate you for such an endeavor? I think what you did was not hunting and I think what you did was not in accordance with fair chase rules.Something's really wrong here that you get kudos for this action, certainly notfrom me. What are you going to do with those spike horns? Wouldn't a doe harvest have been just as good, but wait, "DoeDown for Team 38" does not sound as good eh? Team 38 eh? pfft,think I'll wait for team 39 to form.
[/align]
Sounds like somebody's having a bad day.
Congrats again Josh!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

[/align]
Oh that is right. How, when, why, and where Josh shot this deer effects you GREATLY. I'd sure as hell be pissed to.

Last time I checked he didn't kick your dog, threaten your family, or slash your tires.

Maybe you should grow up. It shouldn't matter to you.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:20 PM

No kidding Dopler who put the corn cob in your you know what. You act like he shot it in your back yard, keep your BS posts to yourself. Nice spike Josh I would've done the same thing.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

CONGRATULATIONS. Hunting is hunting....hunting IS killing.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dont feel the need to explain my actions to dopler. I have meat on the table, and as a predator (aka HUNTER), I honestly dont care what size antlers the deer has. Doe, spike, 4 point, 12 point, they all taste the same to me. Now perhaps its because I work full time, or because I have a life outside of hunting, but I cannot spend every spare second in the woods, so as long as I have a legal tag for it, I take what is given to me. YOU are whats wrong with hunting and this site. Perhaps if you want your big trophy bucks, you'd like to earn them, and not beg everyone to let the little ones go, so its easier for you to kill it. (hmm, more trophy bucks running around, less work for you?) You will NEVER hunt on any land I hunt on, so what do you care what I shoot?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Fork Horn

First or all, I'm entitled to my opinion so quit telling me not to post just because you don't agree with me.I'm stating the facts of my argumentand I'm being civil, that's all I can do while I convey my argument. I'm not posting to belittle anyone, I simply think this is not sportsman like conduct.Secondly, just because someone is not in my back yard does not make any difference to me as far as right or wrong issues go, shooting abuck(any buck, not just becausethis one is ababy)from your back porch is not hunting in my opinion and certainly not something to brag about as a hunting team accomplishment. A guy who is a BASS tournament Angler and shoots a Bowtech General is probably not starving so it's not like your shooting this animal because you have no food. [/align][/align]Try and swallow it however you will but I'm doubtful thatyou would have ran outside onto your porch if it was a doe. This is the very "gotta get my buck to prove I'm a man"mentality that I think gives hunters a bad name and is a disservice to wildlife management of all kinds.[/align][/align]Many guyswill agree with me on this issue but they won't post because of theguys that will gang up on them for speaking the truth but since Ireally don't care who disagrees with me, here's my opinion so like it or leave it![/align]
Old 11-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

As stated, It wasnt shot off my porch. That was simply a joke. How is me seeing a deer outside, sneaking around to a blind, and arrowing it, any different than doing the same thing out of a vehicle out west? And you bet that I would have done it if it was a doe. Truth be told, When I went outside after it, I didnt know it had antlers. I love deer meat, and if its legal, I'll take it. End of story. I'm not into the quality deer management, i'm into the fill my freezer management.

Who are you to tell me that I shouldnt shoot a yearling buck? The state gives me 3 archery tags, 2 of which can be BUCKS OF ANY AGE OR SIZE, and that is their management goals. Perhaps you should just accept the fact that everyone doesnt need to shoot a pope and young buck to be happy. You shoot whatever you want, and I'll continue shooting what I want to. I honestly havent taken THAT many deer with a bow - 10 or 15 or so, so I still get a thrill out of harvesting ANY deer. When I cant shoot what makes me happy, I'll quit hunting, because then it becomes unenjoyable.
I really honestly cant see why people wont just let people hunt for what they want to, instead of trying to shove an agenda down everyones throats.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]
Heres a song that fits you well, and I believe everyone here will agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85gO8XLb4ug
Old 11-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck congrats. i wish i could shoot deer off my back porch

Quick Reply: buck down for team 38

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.