Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

48 hours

Old 11-11-2008, 08:24 AM

Default 48 hours

What a difference 48 hours make. Have not been seeing many if any deer my last few sits. Had my climber taken and returned in the last 24 hours. Went out this morning and the deer were moving all over. Had a nice 8 pt come in early but was not light enough to take a confident clean shot.

Had several smaller bucks and a few doe's all within shooting range. The temp this morning was 34 degrees, all the bucks had their noses to the ground and in fact a fork buck was harassing the does. I call this a successful hunt. After the previous 48 hours I was really down in the dumps but now I am pumped up again.

I am excited about this evenings hunt and what it may bring))))

Dave
Old 11-11-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 48 hours

Hey that's cool....good luck Dave...

Still no chasing here that I've seen. Last night I saw about 10 (does and little ones). Nice change anyhow from the blank I got the last 3 sits. Still no bucks. It was cold here last night too23...I'm hoping that and the moon gets it going. Rifle starts Saturday...I was hoping to get some good "rut time" in before then, but it hasn't worked out yet!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Default RE: 48 hours

This evening I had a spike, a fork and another basket 6 come by. Also had 2 doe walk by, all bucks were in range, doe's were not. Cold weather seems to have them moving a little more now. When I walked out of the woods this evening I glassed the field and saw a tall 6 chasing a doe. Sure glad things are starting to look up.

Now if I could just close the deal on my new house and tag a buck life will be good)

Dave