Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts! >

Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Old 11-11-2008, 05:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Heard yesterday that the Wi. DNR has openly admited that their efforts to help control CWD in the state of WI are failing. And now with a demecratic state assembly, expect baiting to be illegal through out the state next year. I will see if I can find a publication online and post it.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Well, I have to give you my honest opinion. Since CWD is/was that bad Wisconsin should have banned baiting from the start. Has nothing to do with being democrat or republican, just smart.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

But reguardless, if cwd is in an area its going to pass on no matter what. baiting or no baiting.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

I think most with common sense knew from the beginning that their “efforts” were nothing more than knee jerk reactions to something that was blow WAY out of proportion. What they need to admit is that they really overreacted and caused unnecessary panic throughout the country. I’m a long way from Wisconsin, but from what I see the deer herd is still doing quite well. As a lot of people found out last year, EHD is a bigger threat to deer herds than CWD, yet deer continue to thrive.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

But reguardless, if cwd is in an area its going to pass on no matter what. baiting or no baiting.
Colds will pass from person to person no matter what as well. That doesn't mean I'm going to start sharing tissues with someone that is sick.

If it helps prevent the spread of disease than I'm all for it.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Colds will pass from person to person no matter what as well. That doesn't mean I'm going to start sharing tissues with someone that is sick.

Well put.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:33 AM
Typical Buck

The fact is, no one know if it helps anything. Most likely not, seeing how many states have legal baiting and no CWD problem.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: M.Magis

The fact is, no one know if it helps anything. Most likely not, seeing how many states have legal baiting and no CWD problem.
Obviously CWD and EHDhave been isolated to geographic regions, andsome of those states that allow baiting are out of those high risk areas, so your statement doesn't hold water.
Biologists have established that bait areas such as feed piles and feed troughshave the highest potential for spread of disease compared to naturalfield browsing. If bait staitons contribute to the spread of EHD or CWD in any way, then they should be banned.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 AM
Typical Buck

some of those states that allow baiting are out of those high risk areas, so your statement doesn't hold water
SOME, not all.
Biologists have established that bait areas such as feed piles and feed troughshave the highest potential for spread of disease compared to naturalfield browsing.
Please provide your poof. I already know you can't, because it's nothing more than a theory. Nobody knows how CWD spreads. I couldn't care less since I don't bait, but you're doing nothing but spreading more mis-truths.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:39 PM

WI DNR and failure go hand in hand

Quick Reply: Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.