Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts! >

Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

Old 11-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Wisconsin DNR Openly addmited to failing efforts!

ORIGINAL: M.Magis

some of those states that allow baiting are out of those high risk areas, so your statement doesn't hold water
SOME, not all.
Biologists have established that bait areas such as feed piles and feed troughshave the highest potential for spread of disease compared to naturalfield browsing.
Please provide your poof. I already know you can't, because it's nothing more than a theory. Nobody knows how CWD spreads. I couldn't care less since I don't bait, but you're doing nothing but spreading more mis-truths.
Take a minute and re-read the thread.I never stated that EHD or CWD specifically were proven to be transmitted by bait piles. I stated that bait piles, much like livestock feed lots, can be alikely source of spread of infectious disease. While the exact causeof CWD infection is notdocumented, the diseasehas beensuspected as beingtransferred laterally from animal to animal through feces, urine, or saliva. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that the chance of cross-contaminationof one of those body substances would be greatly increased at a bait pile compared to any other natural area except for possibly a scrape or during reproduction.
I also stated "If bait stations contribute to the spread of EHD or CWD in any way, then they should be banned." Reading comprehension my friend.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

why are we making a big deal out of cwd it has been around for a long time and never hurt a person out west cwd has been their for many years and they dont freak out about it
Old 11-12-2008, 02:12 PM

I don't mind the 2 gallon of bait rule mainly because I have trail camers with slow trigger speeds, a couple of cobbs of corn will get me a head shot nearly everytime instead of empty frames and butts and I'm guessing the deer aren't flocking in for the 2 gallons when there is a 40 acre corn field just down the road.But for really good head shots, nothing beats a camera positioned just in front of alicking branch. If the diseases travel via saliva, and I'm no biologist here, I'm guessinga licking branchmight be a contributing factor.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just for the record EHD is not spread from animal to animal, it is spread by gnats.