Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Luck Changed Lastnight!!! LBSD Down! No Pics yet. >

Luck Changed Lastnight!!! LBSD Down! No Pics yet.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Luck Changed Lastnight!!! LBSD Down! No Pics yet.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Luck Changed Lastnight!!! LBSD Down! No Pics yet.

Well most know my luch this year has just been awful. Well it changed lastnight. I was in my stand no longer than 30 minutes when a deer stepped out of the corn field and came right in for a shot. I saw it was a button buck, then a spike came out stuck its noes right up between its legs and attempted to breed it [&:]. I was like um ok, I think Ill take the buck if he offers me a shot. Well the buck never did offer me a shot so I figured the button buck may just be an antlered doe, so as soon as It turned broadside I let one go. A little lower than I had wantedbut a good shot. It ran about 10 feet, and walked away. I began thinking to myself, not another gut shot no way in hell! I watched as it walked about 40 yards annd laid down. I gotdown out of the stand and retrieved my arrow which was covered in blood and a little bit of guts. There was good blood from wherethe deer was standing when I shot so I knew I hit something vital. I walked out of the woods and to my car and called myneighbor, 4:30,he came about 5:15, between the time I called him and he showed up I had already located the deer but backed out because its head was thrashing and didnt want to push it. Well at 5:15 we began the walk towards the deer and found it dead. I rolled it over and we both looked at eachother and found that this deer has both sexes!!! [&:]Ive heard of this before but this is a first for me. Had all female and male parts along with 1/2 inch spikes. Charlie and I looked at eachother baffled at whatI had just shot. We figure this deer was about 1 1/2yo and probably a good thing I took it out. I will try to get some pics before I process it tonight after work. Now to focus on the 4 great bucks I saw lastnight while waiting for Charlie to arrive. Anyway now that I know my bow is shooting as it used to before all the problems earlier this year, its time to get some bone on the ground before gun season. I was using Wasp Hammer 100 gr broad head. This is the same I used last year when I shot the small 7 pointer, and that buck did the same thing after the shot, ran about 10 feet and walked and laid down. Im not sure why they dont run but im not going to complain, they must be that sharp and cause one hell of a wound that it hurts to bad to run??
Old 11-11-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Luck Changed Lastnight!!! LBSD Down! No Pics yet.

WTG, that would be something to shoot. But, we have a violation of man law
Old 11-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Yes but please dont sack punch me yet. Ill try to get them one or two up tonight before i get her registered and processed.
ORIGINAL: V8Ranger

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go. Good job on getting him, uh er her, uh shim. Congrats. Can't wait to see the pics of that thing.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

so I figured the button buck may just be an antlered doe
Honestly? I read this and chuckled, thinking.....I guess there's some reasoning wwe could ALL come up with to kill a deer.

Then...I read the rest and said..."well I'll be danged"!...lol

Heck....I can't wait to see the pics. Congrats on your (________) kill!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's crazy! Congrats!
Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 AM
Typical Buck

Interesting stuff. I can't wait to see the pictures. Congratulations.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:00 AM

So, what tag did you use? Buck? doe? or both?)))))) LoL
Congrats

Dave
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 AM
8mm
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

Yes but please dont sack punch me yet. Ill try to get them one or two up tonight before i get her registered and processed.

I'll sack punch you i will call this storie as BS lol. Congrats on the deerbig brother
Old 11-11-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ron youre just jealousbecasue for once somethign is more special than you
ORIGINAL: 8mm

ORIGINAL: wis_bow_huntr

I'll sack punch you i will call this storie as BS lol. Congrats on the deerbig brother

Quick Reply: Luck Changed Lastnight!!! LBSD Down! No Pics yet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.