Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Tought question, if taken seriously >

Tought question, if taken seriously

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tought question, if taken seriously

Old 11-11-2008, 09:07 AM
Spike

Default RE: Tought question, if taken seriously

I'm pretty sure I've heard a doe talk before. It was last muzzle loader season. I was sitting on a trail early in the morning. She came in before sun up and darn near stepped on me. She jumped back and walked around me and stopped up on top of the hill near where I was sitting. I'm pretty sure for the next 30 minutes she stood there stomping and screaming to all the other deer in the area, "hey, there is a guy right there sitting by that tree on the trail with a gun trying to kill us. Don't walk on this trail. Stay away from this area in general." I could almost hear the words in my ex-wifes voice.
I'm sure that is what she was saying for the simple fact that the rest of the deer in the area didn't come anywhere close to me for the rest of the hunt.
If she would have stayed there for about 15 more minutes (until legal shooting time) I would have still shot her. Especially after what she did!
God made them out of meat for us to eat them. I'm going to continue to hunt!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:38 AM

I would! Not because I am a heartless SOB but because GOD put them on this planet for a reason. And that reason was so we can harvest them. Every time I harvest an animal wheather it is a deer, duck, goose, etc I thank him for the food provided for my family. Just my .02
Old 11-11-2008, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

On the same note, then are you folks willing togive up eating McDonalds and Burger King as obviously the cows and chickens would have the same thoughts processes and speech abilities. And what about those poor vegtables?.....
Old 11-11-2008, 10:15 AM

ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

On the same note, then are you folks willing to give up eating McDonalds and Burger King as obviously the cows and chickens would have the same thoughts processes and speech abilities. And what about those poor vegtables?.....
Good points[8D]
Old 11-11-2008, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

They also aren't capable of speech, which was the basis of the question.

But kiss my ass, just the same.
Why all the hostility?And sucha vile little Tike!

So now you're wanting to give them the ability to have a soul and a cognizant thought process to go along with the speech? That's a stretch to the original question. Without those things,.....like I said....the words we'd hear are "hungry"...."thirsty"......"sleepy"....."horny ".

And for you...."ouch". But when I step on my dog's foot, by accident, I'm pretty sure the yelp means "ouch" (insert your "cries of pain").

No Dan....I wouldn't hunt them if they were humans in deer's hide.
Because I'm tired of you being a condescending prick.

Insert as many as necessary.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:14 PM

Well since i hack things, i would try to reverse that device to talk back and bring them to me for a nice shot![&:]
Old 11-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

This topic really interests me. Yes I would hunt them, because God put them here for us to eat instead of buying hormone filled overpriced beef throughout the year. On the other hand, I do have sympathy, respect and gratitude for the animals I harvest. So hearing them speak would be wierd, for sure.. But I agree with the others-Deer vocalize based on their basic needs and dangers. You would hear "Im horny", "Get back here" "Danger is around". Not emotions. Hearing their"criesof pain" would be tough however, I dont think I'd like that one bit.

2FNSLO and Im ocd:

That is the funniest couple things I've ever seen posted. Friggin Hilarious
Old 11-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I would have to expirence a talking deer before I really knew if I could hunt them.

But until that happens...im gonna keep hunting.[8D]