Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Can I hunt this spot in the AM? (Udated Pg 3) >

Can I hunt this spot in the AM? (Udated Pg 3)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Can I hunt this spot in the AM? (Udated Pg 3)

Old 11-10-2008, 06:51 PM
Dominant Buck

Default Can I hunt this spot in the AM? (Udated Pg 3)

.............Without blowing every deer in the county out, entering?

I saw the buck I was watching all summer, today, chasing does around (seered circle). I watched him for 40 minutes. I think if I snuck in behind them.....who knows.

I could always wait until the afternoon....and that might be the smart thing to do. Heck I might not even shoot him....lol. I saw tonight. He's a tall 6point 2.5 yr old. But.....he's one of the best I've seen all season....and I have two tags.

I'd like to at least have to make the decision.

Would you chance blowing everything out of the fields...... blowing everything out of the woods? Just wait and hunt it in the PM?

I can enter on the green or the tan line. I watched them a good while from the white dot (where I set up, today).

Old 11-10-2008, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Can I hunt this spot in the AM?

i say go for it, you never know whats gonna happen

id go with the tan line entering, but it looks like where the line starts is the parking spot? If it is, I dont think I would park that close

the green line looks too risky to me
Old 11-10-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

How far in the rut along down there?

They may be more concentrated on chasing does to even care. I'm more likely to go in a place I KNOW the deer are, that is hard to access, during the rut then any other time. Strange things happen this time of year.

Just a thought.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Fork Horn

I'd sneak in via the green line Jeff. You might want to get in there a little early though so if you spook anything they'll have time to settle down. IMO you shouldn't spook anything that's in the field. With the cool temps tonight I would not wait for tomorrow afternoon.

I was planning on taking a half day tomorrow but just called the boss to let him know he wouldn't be seeing me at all tomorrow. Good luck to you!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd hunt from that white dot.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya Chris (Gri22 told me to sit there, today). It's just disheartening sitting there while you see them being chased to hell and back above you and there's nothing you can do about it.....lol. he wasn't the only buck chasing up there...although he was the biggest one. I can't help but think there might be a bigger buck getting in on the AM action (if there is any).

Forecast for the morning is a NNW wind at 3-4mph....switching to N at about 9:00.

Chris....I could enter the white stand by the blue line. The younger buck I saw today .....I've seen in the same woodlot as the mature 115"+/- I've seen.....every time I've hunted it. He came from 5-600yds away to there, "somehow"....lol. Hopefully he'll bring his daddy with him!

Old 11-10-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Considering the NNW and then N wind I would enter using the tan line.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Them does are going to stop running and start walking with buck behind. That funnel will get used. If they are chaseing out in the open fields tomorrow get down and sneek in on them thru the woods. I have had some success at this.
Columbus took a chance.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:31 PM
Dominant Buck

I wish I had the confidence I could sneak up on them, Chris. These crunchy leaves will make that VERY difficult.

I suppose I could always sit it out and if I don't get them coming by me in the AM....I could get up in that corner for the PM.

Whatcha think? Enter on the blue line and sit the white stand tomorrow AM?
Old 11-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I wouldn't second guess your gut feeling for anyone opinion. Alot of times it's right. Just from looking at the top view I know that area has to get a ton of traffic. Be in stand at least 30 before light. I would think early morning traffic would be good with what looks to be some great bedding area to the south of your white dot. Good luck what ever you decide Jeff. Your as accomplished as anyone else. Chris

Quick Reply: Can I hunt this spot in the AM? (Udated Pg 3)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.