Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Sons first deer

Old 11-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sons first deer

Took my son to VA for alittle bowhunting at a buddy's cabin. He was ready to go at 8 am but I talked him into waiting til 11. With the food plots we were going to hunt, if you go early you will bump them off and mess things up. SO we got into the stand at 11:20am after a 1/2 mile ride up the mountain. At 2:00pm this young buck and momma show up. I watch them for 1/2 hour wondering why he hasn't shot yet, turns out he was waiting for the perfect broadside shot. He hit a little far back but lethal non-the-less. We trail it for about 100 yrds and I decied to pull back and wait on my buddy. He climbs up and I go over to my climber, find his bag and climb up. He comes back over 1/2 hr later cause hi release is in the bag. Then asks if I saw the bobcat, turns out that he had a big bobcat come in and stand 10yrds from the stand for a few minutes. If he had his release he felt he could have taken it. Anyhow, the deer ran about 300 yards. Well my buddy comes to pick us up and we take the kids back to the cabin, and go back to retrieve. We find the deer, and my buddy says "the road is at the top of this hill, lets go to it, it'll be easier than going back" There are no more famous words ever spoken, 3 hills later and we find the road. We carried, drug, etc to get it there. Anyhow we get back to the road and start walking, me with the deer on my back, dark 30, etc. We finally get to where this tree fell over the road and he says "I know where we are". "Good I'll just keep carrying him and it's downhill from here" I say. To which he replies "It's 1.5 miles from here" We left it and walked back and then took the neighbors gator to my buddy's Ranger then 2 miles back to the deer. Finally got it back at 9:45pm. BUt I wasn't gonn leave that deer. It's Jordan's first deer ever and he got him with a bow!!! I couldn't be prouder.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Sons first deer

Congrats! Isn't it sweet? My 7 year old got his first this past weekend.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:44 PM

Congrats to your son. The first one is always special.

Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to your son, jklink.

Makes you proud. I am proud that he kept his poise and waited for his shot. Even if it was a little far back.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrat's to the boy.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

A day he will never forget. I am glad you got to share it with him.

Congratulations to you both.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats to your son. nice job
Old 11-11-2008, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys, I know I will never forget it.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:11 AM

good shot. What kind of bow is it.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

WTG, congrats on his first

ORIGINAL: jklink

Congrats! Isn't it sweet? My 7 year old got his first this past weekend.
7??? wow!!!That seems young for a child to be hunting. Cant hunt big game with a bow till there 14 here.

Quick Reply: Sons first deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.