Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 NOW I AM MAD !!!! (update on page two) >

NOW I AM MAD !!!! (update on page two)

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NOW I AM MAD !!!! (update on page two)

Old 11-10-2008, 12:42 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: NOW I AM MAD !!!!

But, but...I wanna play too.

ORIGINAL: SouthernMDArchers

If he can not find the thief then it is in my hands.

Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Typical Buck

It's amazing what people will do over a deer hunting spot. Stealing stands, flattening tires etc. Actually, it's sickening. I mean seriously, it's a dam deer for God's sake. And that's what it all boils down to: you set up in a good spot, some a-hole doesn't like it, so he steals your stuff. Just because you may shoot the deer instead of him.

I would love to see all the guys who get their stands stolen every year........to find out who did it, then post their names up here. Just so we can all see who the slob hunters are.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

On the 22 acres I hunt with my son, locals have stolen two of his climbing stands and cut my seats on the ladder stand. We border some state land, and people can have access near our property. I guess there's nothing you can do except catch em in the act, and then, it's really not worth it. I try to keep our area posted asbest we can, but signs don't mean anything to some people. If you confront them or press charges, I guarantee something's gonna happen to you or the land to make you a statistic. I see local kids ridingtheir bikes andatv'sin the area, and what are you going to do, yell at them while your hunting. They'd love to piss you off ifthey know it gets to you. C'est la vie, chaulk it up to experience.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:44 PM
Fork Horn

I hear ya. a couple of years ago I had a feeder get stolen and my brother had two stands and a stick ladder stolen.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:11 PM

My tree stand had been returned !!!!!!! It appears that after I called the property manager this weekend to report a trespasser shooting a gun, he sent one of the farm workers into the woods to see what was up. The guy found my climbing tree stand and removed it thinking it was the trespassers.

I am so relieved !!!!!

Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

well that's good! maybe the property owner played a joke on you ?? [8D]
Old 11-10-2008, 04:18 PM

Nah, I know the young man he sent in the woods. He knows I generally do not use a climber so he thought for sure it was the trespassers. I am using it more this year due to not being around all summer and early fall due to deployment. Trying to hunt and scout while being mobile with the climber.

I am just happy to have it back.

Dave
Old 11-10-2008, 04:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats great Dave....9 out of 10 of these threads don't turn out that way. Good luck to you...
Old 11-10-2008, 04:24 PM

Glad to hear it was all just a misunderstanding.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 PM

good to hear mdarcher - that'll make your blood boil i know happened to me last year with less desirable results. deployed ? O.I.F ?

Quick Reply: NOW I AM MAD !!!! (update on page two)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.