HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Maryland, what rut? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/272750-maryland-what-rut.html)

SouthernMDArchers 11-10-2008 03:06 AM

Maryland, what rut?

Last night after walking out of the woods I counted 16 doe and 5 fawn in various fields around my hunting area. Not even 1 buck in the bunch. No chasing no nothing, what are you other Maryland guys seeing?
BTW this would be St. Marys county.

Dave

bigcountry 11-10-2008 03:55 AM

RE: Maryland, what rut?

Last week I saw chasing, and bucks cruising. Also saw a buck run at some does and the does stuck thier tails in the air like a skunk ready to recieve. The this weekend, a guy in my hunting club killed a fine 11pt and said he saw 5 bucks traveling together, and my other hunting buddy said he saw like 20 does and fawns together. This doesn't sound like a rut to me.

This is in Queen Annes County. I don't know what is going on.

wis_bow_huntr 11-10-2008 04:46 AM

Same thing in central WI. Seeing a lot of scraping and rubbing activity just starting now. What the hell gives this year??

wahoohunter 11-10-2008 05:07 AM

ORIGINAL: SouthernMDArchers

Last night after walking out of the woods I counted 16 doe and 5 fawn in various fields around my hunting area. Not even 1 buck in the bunch. No chasing no nothing, what are you other Maryland guys seeing?
BTW this would be St. Marys county.

Dave
Wait till friday bud;) then things will all kick off after the rutting moon. I know in VA the peak breeding day should be around next monday or so, i'd say maryland is about the same

chazspot 11-10-2008 07:39 AM

Wait till friday bud;) then things will all kick off after the rutting moon. I know in VA the peak breeding day should be around next monday or so, i'd say maryland is about the same

Totally concur with this. This week should be the time to kick it off everywhere.
I anticipate the annual news clips about bucks crashing through storefront windows and holding up traffic to start breaking out real soon.

chazspot 11-10-2008 06:55 PM

Rut Update: Had some friends call me and they are telling the action is starting to brew big time. They are seeing all kinds of chasing and tons of movement. I'd say the good times are really starting to roll!

WesternMdHardwoods 11-10-2008 06:58 PM

Im glad I am not the only one in the woods doing this...!!! Im guessing it's just a matter of time!!

Bbearfax 11-10-2008 07:02 PM

Some breeding will take place in the next 7 days or so but the majourty will take place around the 24th of this month.

WesternMdHardwoods 11-10-2008 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Bbearfax

Some breeding will take place in the next 7 days or so but the majourty will take place around the 24th of this month.

Do you promise?:([8D]