Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Indiana deer hunt success for some w/pics >

Indiana deer hunt success for some w/pics

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Indiana deer hunt success for some w/pics

Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Indiana deer hunt success for some w/pics

Well got back from our long anticipated deer hunt to Indiana. There were 4 of us going up there in our group.Rodney & Brian from Alabama and Mark & I from South Florida.

This is our group from left front around me Rodney,Mark, our guide Marty and Brian.We hunted at midwestwoodlots. May I add what a great hunt and time we all had and have already booked our hunt for next year. We started our hunt on sat.Nov.1 Nice cool day with quite a few deer moving thoughout the day. Rodney was the first to score. His buck came past him just at dark and when we talked to him all he knew that it was going to be his biggest buck, they were going to go out sunday morning and find him. Well finding him wasn't as easy as Rodney thought it might be but after over 3 hrs. of searching there he was.

He scored around 146 and was Rodneys biggest buck and he got it with a bow. For the next couple of days about all he could do was smile and look at those horns.So sunday nite Marty our guide comes to pick me up just after dark and informs me that my buddy Mark had just called and had shot his deer right before dark. We were on our way to go find him. I told Marty not to worry because if Mark shot it I know from hog hunting with him all summer that it was a good kill shot and it wouldn't be very far. We get to Mark and follow a massive blood trail about 55 yds and there lays Marks nice Indaina 10 pt.

As you can see in the photo by that smirk on Marks face he was pleased.He said that he had a little bigger 9 pt come by a little earlier but didn't have a good shot so he passed on that one. Well to tell on him, a couple of days later he tells me he was texting his girlfriend when that big 9 pt. came by and didn't have time to grab his bow and shoot.So now it's up to Brian & me to fill our tags.We hunted the rest of the week and neither one of us had a chance at a good shooter buck. We both saw plenty of deer and could of shot some of those but we weren't there to fill the freezer. We all wanted a good size buck. In the five days of hunting saw deer everyday had them under the stand out in front behind us and just out of range I saw proably 5 bucks that I would of shot if they would of been a little closer and 1 day I know Brian had 3 bigger ones around him but not quite in shooting range.We all made a new friend up there. Ken from Rainsville Al. He shot a nice buck on sunday the same day Mark shot his.

Ken is a great guy and it was fun being in camp with him.

All in all we had a great time at Midwestwood Lots. The hunting was great the food and lodge were better than we all expected. Owner Ken McIntosh his wife Cheryl and guide Marty were all great and we are already talking about our trip next year. Coming up are a few more deer pics. and a couple of pics from my stand the lastday.One looking from the left the other to the right.By the way I had a nice 8 pt come by me to my leftthe last 10 of my hunt But just decided that he wasn't quite big enough so I passed on him. Sorry to all my teammates.

Rodneys deer what a beauty

Another shot of Marks 10 pt. We were all amazed at all the corn and beans. Being from south florida and central Alabama we don't see this.

This is Our new buddy Kens buck. Ken hope to see you again.

these last 2 photo's was from my stand the last day.

Hope you all enjoyed our story and best of luck to all of you. Jerry
Old 11-09-2008, 08:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Indiana deer hunt success for some w/pics

looks like you guys had some succes. congrats to y'all
Old 11-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, great deer. Now quit killing all our big bucks!.

For real though, sounds like a great week, congrats to you guys
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man, now that is a GOOD trip!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:33 PM

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

Man, now that is a GOOD trip!
Ditto. That sounds like an awesome time
Old 11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: okeechobeefishing

Man that looks like an early season deer.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Fork Horn

What an incredible time!!!
Old 11-09-2008, 11:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like an AMAZING hunt!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:00 AM
Fork Horn

2Lunger that does look like a early season buck he was shot nov 2nd he's coat wasn't dark as the others and neck was smaller to. I am not a deer expert by no means I would think maybe he was just a young buck. Don't really know for sure. Jerry
Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on the fine bucks. Where is the lodge at (city)? Never heard of it.

Quick Reply: Indiana deer hunt success for some w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.