Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rage update..

Old 11-08-2008, 09:51 PM

Default Rage update..

well some of you know that I went to the Rage 2 blade like a week before the season began just to try em out... well It's Nov 8th and Im 4 for 4 with these Rage heads my buddy is 4/4 with his 3 blade, so far so good...no complaints.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:52 AM

Default RE: Rage update..

Like most hunters I will try most new products out there to help me harvest my game. I saw the new all the Rage Broad heads and said Hmmm flies like a field tip rear open blades better penetration I'm game! Now I shoot an Alpine Teto Lite @ 70# draw and have been using Wasp Jackhammers with good success but why not try something new for better blood trails and huge wound channel. So I went to my local archery store and bought some... a bit pricey at $38.00 for 3 heads but why not if they will help besides they have a get your game satisfaction or your money back guarantee. So off to my tree stand I go with my new rear deploy heads, 7:30 am here comes a good buck 10 yds under my stand I draw pin him and wham a nice hit a little high on the shoulder blade but I am shooting straight down....off he goes and I'm waiting to see him crash.........There he goes yds 100 yds 150 out of site. I wait 2 hours and start my track.... No blood or arrow to be found guess no passthrough... I follow his hoof prints for 80 yds... no blood at 125 theres some blood great!! 30 yds later nothing no blood.... now the on the hands and knees search...... tiny specks here and there I search for 5 hours and no deer.......Now I'm no rookie I have been bow hunting since 1970 and can track deer but this one is gone......now I go home sick to my stomach that I lost this deer. OK next time out same thing..... good buck under the stand 12 yds shot and a sparse bloodtrail...... another one lost.......Now I'm really sick I haven't lost 2 deer in a row ever!
So now back to the money back guarantee.... I call Rage and the girl says send back 2 of the heads and pratice head and receipt and we'll refund your money....but she just didn't get that 2 deer are dead in the woods with my arrows and the heads still in them.....well you need to send back 2 heads bla bla bla.... Screw it she's just a puppet I guess I will go back to my Wasp heads and take my lumps for trying something new..... So if you want to loose deer go buy some of those Rage heads!!!!! end rant.....
Old 11-09-2008, 07:05 AM

you need to just mail the head and practice one in with a letter and they will send you a new set.
Then you can sell those or maybe return then to a local bow shop unopen.

If you want money back from rage, they probably will do just like your saying.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Lack of a blood trail has NEVER been an issue with these heads. Lack of a total pass-thru HAS. I'm 2/11 in total pass-thrus with this head (2 blade). I also have an "unknown" out there (two, actually).

After seeing the blood trails on the deer I've recovered.....and from the expert opinion of the tracking dog handler I had here last Saturday (who is convinced the deer we were tracking is not dead)....I have to think that "maybe" they didn't die at my hands. Injured? Surely.....but the tracker said there "might" be 2-1/2 ounces of blood on the trail we were on. That's nothing to a deer. The "unknown" from '07 was a similar trail.

BH's fault? No way. "Marginal hit"? Surely.

In each instance, though....I have to wonder if I'd have gotten a complete pass-thru with a fixed BH. Being able to discern/read your arrow at the POI is nothing to sneeze at. I wish I had that information EVERY time.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RickRyderNJ

I am shooting straight down

Here we go...

Old 11-09-2008, 07:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

deleted
Old 11-09-2008, 07:41 AM

Sorry you lost deer, I have seen that happen with Rage heads too, but seen that with fixed heads too... Im not saying they are better than a fixed head, I have killed 24 deer with the bow and 20 were with a muzzy or wasp fixed head. Now last night the doe I shot was close at 6 yds and the arrow hit above the shoulder and came out the bottom, she ran like hell for 50 yds, then stopped and turned left, took off again ran about 40 yds and she died. There was good blood the whole time, I was shocked she carried it that far.
Old 11-09-2008, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love all this RAGE spew and hope there is not one guy out there who use them to cover their arses on marginal shots...

This is FINAL!!! Hit them right with any broadhead and your job is done. Confidence in your BH is far more important than the brand.

As a side note a Pal-O-Mine at the bow monkey shop says he has heard from industry sources (Whatever they Are) that Rage can't keep up with production and standards are falling.

I did put my hand on a package of 2 blades and almost bought them but I don't want to swap BH's in the middle of the seasonand I'm not sure that I want to anyway..My Rockets own my confidence so I will continue to use.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

BH's fault? No way. "Marginal hit"? Surely.
If your arrow went where you thought It did Jeff that should be a dead deer. If that broadhead did slide along the side of the rib cage like a few thought, I'd say BH failure.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

I swear some people think rage broadheads will kill the deer for you, no matter where your shot is placed. [:'(]

Quick Reply: Rage update..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.