Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what stage?

Old 11-08-2008, 05:09 PM

Default what stage?

i live in central MO and lately i am trying to figure out what stage of the rut the der are in. we just got a cold front three days ago and while scouting i have seen alot of fresh scrapes and rubs pop up. it seems like the cold front started it but since its kinda late i thought the rut might take the fastlane. what do you guys think and how should i set up to hunt the next week? any thoughts are greatly appreciated
Old 11-08-2008, 05:14 PM

Default RE: what stage?

I was hunting in eastern MO and they were chasing today. Saw 2 bucks chasing does and I tried calling them in but they weren't leaving her side. But later on a saw 2 different lone does with no bucks in tow. I think this next week it's really going to bust open. Just get out there as much as you can and it will happen sooner or later.