HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The chase is on in New York !! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/272494-chase-new-york.html)

elkhuntinut 11-08-2008 03:54 PM

The chase is on in New York !!

Well so far its been a good season for me. In the last couple of days I have seen a few bucks, 2 decent ones all on the move. I saw 3 bucks this morning and one small buck was chasing a doe hard. Since Thursday I have seen a total of 9 bucks, of which 2 were good shooters......bringing my total for the season of 18 bucks !!!

I think this week coming is the week to be in the woods...what's happenin' in your neck of the woods ??

loogout1 11-08-2008 04:17 PM

RE: The chase is on in New York !!

Nothin so far in southern NY. Not even a abundance of ground scrapes, saw one so far. I do think as soon as it gets below 60! it will pick up. Hopefully starting tonite into next week.

MO_Bowhnter 11-08-2008 04:24 PM

Chasing in MO. Went into the woods today at 10 and hunted til dark. I saw all my buck action from 11-12. Saw 3 bucks, 1 nice one all chasing does. Definately the time to be out there.

V8Ranger 11-08-2008 04:40 PM

I have seen more deer from my house than out in the woods lol. I saw 5 deer this morning, all running around. I couldn't tell if they where chasing or just spooked by something. I saw all these deer from my house, 2 where in the creek and 3 up in the field. Butthey where on property I cant hunt, just my luck. I have a doe tag and no place to get one with my bow.

MikeyL24 11-08-2008 05:46 PM

Westchester has been really good so far, especially considering the crappy weather. I just got in after sitting through all this rain, but was still able to see 6 doe and two nice bucks. Wish they would have come in closer.

PABuck_HNTR 11-08-2008 05:53 PM

Rob, I'm not seeing the chasing going on...but alot of guys around here are saying they're seeing it. I don't know what to think.

elkhuntinut 11-08-2008 07:42 PM

It does seem to be picking up slightly. I heard one grunting and chasin but not to heavy.

ORIGINAL: PABuck_HNTR

Rob, I'm not seeing the chasing going on...but alot of guys around here are saying they're seeing it. I don't know what to think.

loogout1 11-09-2008 12:01 PM

I stand corrected. It blew wide open this morning.

elkhuntinut 11-09-2008 12:13 PM

Congrats to you on that one...When moving a stand for gun season today, we heard two grunts but never saw the deer. It was pretty windy with rain/snow mix this morning. Still saw 7 deer, of which2 were bucks. Sad part is that time is running out as I have only 2-3 days left to get out.

ORIGINAL: loogout1

I stand corrected. It blew wide open this morning.

early in 11-09-2008 12:29 PM

ORIGINAL: elkhuntinut

I think this week coming is the week to be in the woods...what's happenin' in your neck of the woods ??
NOTHING!!!! Since last Monday I hunted every day except Friday, and saw exactly ONE (honestly)little basket 8pt with his nose to the ground, period. It has to be this week, which I can hunt all of, except Tuesday.We'll see what happens.;)