Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunt when it's snowing or after it snows? >

Hunt when it's snowing or after it snows?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunt when it's snowing or after it snows?

Old 11-08-2008, 05:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Hunt when it's snowing or after it snows?

It is supposed to snow here today 1-3 inches. I'm heading to the stand this afternoon. Just wondering if you prefer to hunt when its snowing or after? I tend to see more deer movement after it snows. I'll be out anyway though!
Old 11-08-2008, 05:27 AM

Default RE: Hunt when it's snowing or after it snows?

mi, I don't think 1-3 is going to put them to bed. Besides that I love being in the woods when it's snowing. To me listening to snowflakes landing on the leaves and watching the woods transform to from brown to white is almost magical. It goes into the column of other reasons why we do what we do. Guys, sorry if that sounded gay but I love the snow. We don't as much as you guys up North.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:21 AM
Fork Horn

i would rather hunt in the snow visibility is increase (as long as its not a whiteout) and it seems to get the deer feeding like crazy. i lived in michigan and loved to see fresh tracks in the fresh snow. lets me know where they are and where they are going the heaviest. Good luck out there how far in the upper are you. in the U.P.?
Old 11-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Fork Horn

I'm near the Wisconsin border. Hope the snow helps because it has been a bad season so far. Very little deer movement or activity. I have hunted probably twenty five days since October 1st. Lots of time on stand, zero to show for it!
Old 11-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

If I have the time, I like to hunt during the snow b/c it's just awsome...then after the snow, especially if the snow stops just before sunrise, I like to get out there and use it as some later-season scouting. I've seen it where there's 1.5-2'' of snow on the ground and does still beat their trails to the point where it's almost solid dirt. Set up on the less traveled parellel trails and that's my paydirt.
Old 11-08-2008, 09:23 AM
Typical Buck

I shot my buck this year while it was snowing
Old 11-08-2008, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

i lived further south near the flint area. up there you get some good snow to say the least. i would hope that they.. if there are any left.... get moving knowing now winter is here
Old 11-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love hunting In both!!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:52 AM

Out here, snow is often accompanied by strong winds. In this case, they will generally hole up until it's over, then come out and feed like crazy. But if the snow is falling lightly - and not horizontally - hunt all day under these conditions.

Quick Reply: Hunt when it's snowing or after it snows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.