Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What to do with LW Stand? >

What to do with LW Stand?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What to do with LW Stand?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What to do with LW Stand?

I have a Lone Wolf Alpha hang on stand with the Lone Wolf climbing sticks. I was wondering if you guys would sell them as a set and buy a climber. I have no private land to hunt, and am afraid to leave them up becauseI am afraid they would get stolen. ShouldI keep them, and just put it up and take it down everytimeI go out, or shouldI sell them and get a climber? IfI should sell them, what is a good price to put on a used LW stand and sticks that have only been used one season? Also, what is a good climber to look into? I have never used one before so I have no idea what to look for. It pains me to let suck a nice stand go.....i just think a climber would be better suited for me at the moment. I am at work and was just wondering what you guys would do.

Steven
Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to do with LW Stand?

I would just go with the LW sit and climb. You will not regret it.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would not sell and just haul them with me. Get a climber to go with it if you want. You may not have private land now, but in time you could and would be having to sack punch yourself (and that would hurt!)
Old 11-07-2008, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Based on what you said....a climber sounds more versatile. You could probably unload what you have to offset the cost of a nice climber, may even find someone to horse trade.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

The only thing with a climber is there may be spots you want to sit in that requires the sticks/hangon. I sold my climber last season because I wanted the LW sticks and Assault stand to use where I couldn't use a climber. Now I wish I had the climber as well. I pack my sticks/Assault in and out unless I am hunting the same spot the next morning. If you can afford it buy a climber to add to your arsenal.
Old 11-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Keep them and buy the climber too. Can't have too many stands.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:21 PM
Typical Buck

If I was taking my stand down everytime, I would suggest the climber...after setting a few of these up and moving them, its rather quick to do tear down and move, but not as fast as a climber.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a LW Alpha and 4 climbing sticks exclusively. I hunt public land 90% of the time but even on the private land I generally take everything with me when I leave. I do have a LW hand climber but I haven't used it hunting yet because it lacks the versatility that I have with the Alpha and the sticks. Funny thing. A friend of mine wants to borrow a set of my sticks to use with his LW hand climber so that he can get in some trees in a certain spot. With the sticks I can go up just about any tree, with a climber I feel much more limited in my options.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

I have the LW hand climber and love it. There is some truth to the fact that there may be an area you need to hunt where a climber is not the best option. Would be great if you could just afford a climber too and not have to sell, just for that reason. .02
Old 11-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: early in

I would just go with the LW sit and climb. You will not regret it.
get a mesh seat for it as well

Quick Reply: What to do with LW Stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.