Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How often do you SEE a mature buck ?

Every buck was seen while hunting.

If were all calling a 3.5 mature then I've seen 1 so far this year. Usually I'll see at least 2 to 3 3.5's a year (at least I think there 3.5's). How often do I see 4.5+? Some years I'll see a couple 4.5's and then the next couple years I'll go with out. I'd say about 1 per year.
Old 11-07-2008, 08:47 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-07-2008, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to see maybe 1 or 2 a year. Then one morning 4 years ago I had 3 duringthe first hour of light all within bow range, but no shot. The next day I had 3 more on a different stand. Ever since that season, I have taken more days off work and hunted harder.

I know on average Istill only see maybe 3-4 on average a year. Last year it was 4. This year so far it's been 3, while I have seen one 4 different times. I consider a mature deer to be at 3.5. 2 years ago I only saw 1 good buck. I'm pretty new to this whole idea of trophy hunting, but I'm learning with each new experience.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 PM

You won't believe me when I say this...but I live in Illinois and I see one or two a year. Now ask me how many gosh darn mature does I see a year. My area is so over hunted for bucks its not even funny. It's very rare to see a buck over 3 and half years old. [:@]
Old 11-07-2008, 09:19 PM
Typical Buck

That be mine. [8D]
Thanks again for the help.

ORIGINAL: SouthernMDArchers

Saw one tonight when I helped a friend drag it from the woods))))

Dave
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: darian1998

You won't believe me when I say this...but I live in Illinois and I see one or two a year. Now ask me how many gosh darn mature does I see a year. My area is so over hunted for bucks its not even funny. It's very rare to see a buck over 3 and half years old. [:@]
I feel your pain! I average about 4-6 mature deer a year in a stand. When I say mature I'm referring to 4 1/2+.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:05 PM
Typical Buck

Over the last couple of seasons, I've averaged seeing a mature buck at least a dozen times. They're not all the same ones, but I see some repeatedly.....just can't catch up with them!
Old 11-08-2008, 12:01 AM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

3.5 year olds... 6

4.5 year olds... 4

Got busted sneaking into spots by two of the 4.5 year olds. One was the big 4x5. Both bucks, I knew I was pushing it and got burnt !!
Shot right under one.The perfect stalk only to screw the shot up. [] [:@]
Had one come walking in... then he decided totrot through my shooting lane... stopped right past it and then walked away. He Rybo-ed me. [&:]

3 blunders out of four mature buck encounters!!

Tim

Old 11-08-2008, 06:01 AM

I might see (not in range) one mature buck in a season.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Fork Horn

i have only seen one personally but hear about them being seen frequently. at least 4 to 5 times per season in the areas i hunt.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.